memike found a 66 dart

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
To me it looks like a good project, I wonder what his reserve is? The price is allready up there pretty good for a car that needs a bit of work. Go have a look at it if you're serious, and talk to the guy is my suggestion.... BTW, what ever happened to that 68 dart 2 door post that you were looking at a while ago?:-?

I couldn't open up the link. So what is he asking for it. 66 Are great cars. I have had mine for almost 13 years now and have had allot of fun with it. Good luck, hope it works out for you

66's are awesome, however I am a little biased. Headers are a little expensive and sheet metal is not as available as 67-up, but they are light and unique. Hope you get it!

1966 Dodge Dart, has the original 273 engine,auto trans and factory AC. AC did work last summer,does need a blower motor but I have a new one that goes with it. Has a fairly new paint job that would buff up and look good,new windshield and seal,new gas tank,new 2.5" exhaust with turbo mufflers and new wheel cylinders. Gas gauge does not work. The interior needs new seat covers and a new dash pad,other than that interior is in good shape. The car run and drove fine last summer after it got warm,it runs rough and floods when cold,I am sure it needs a new carburator. It also needs new tires,and has a trans leak around the dipstick tube or front seal. With new tires, carb and some interior work this would be decent car. As far as I can tell car had very little or next to no rust before paint,trunk floor and rear quarters look good.

dart.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart3.jpg

To me it looks like a good project, I wonder what his reserve is? The price is allready up there pretty good for a car that needs a bit of work. Go have a look at it if you're serious, and talk to the guy is my suggestion.... BTW, what ever happened to that 68 dart 2 door post that you were looking at a while ago?:-?
the 68 dart was bout by one of his family members.

Memike, it looks pretty good from the pics. Just be sure to check undeneath real good. Looks like something you can drive right away and fix little things as you go along. Hope it works out for you. Mike

Looks really nice in the pictures. Good Luck Mike, I hope ya get it! :-D

Looks good memike, seems like all the bright stuff and interior stuff is intact, which can save you lotsa $$ later. As long as the underside is solid, you may have found yerself a nice Dart. Hoping shes good as she looks. Keep us advised.

wow nice lookin 66, plus it already has a v8:cheers:you cant loose, and working ac, very nice, kinda sucks about the gas guage, but mine never worked anyways...only ran out 7 times:-D

Ya, that link doesn't seem to work. I think this is it here, auction # 300123148654.

What kind of car do you want? I love early A-bodies because they're a little different and not as many around. They're nice and small too, fit into my garage easily.

This Dart you're looking at likely has 9" drum brakes all around and a small 7 1/4" rear. If you want a car to go drag racing in, you'd better find something else. If you're going to add headers, they're a pain in the butt with an early A. If you want to add disc brakes and a larger motor, you're in business...they're easily bolted right on/in. A larger rear end will bolt right in too.

If it's only 55 miles away, book an appointment and go look before you bid. If you don't know what to look for, take someone with you. Check out the usual places for rust, torsion bar crossmember area, behind the upper control arms and in around the air dams in the cowl. I see the chrome is pretty pitted, that would make me think there's other rust on the car, possibly covered up since the paint job. LOOK CLOSELY.

If you like it, bid high and win it. Use a Sniper service if you need to. That's just my opinion. Once you go early A-body, you'll never go back...so beware!

Thanks 65s!! All I want is my three front teeth back in to an A body.:-D
I have been calling him all day and all I get is a busy number.
No header's for me just a clean 300 hp Two door A.
My house is going good and I am in need of a mopar fix.
Your advice will go with me if I get a hold of this man.
I am worried about the new paint hiding some bad work that is way I will
go look closely at it before I get to exited and bid.:read2:
Here is one that I sold and did nothing to it before I
Got started on my house. 8)

What kind of car do I want.
A good 63 to 71 dart or valiant.:cheers:
Thanks again for you advice and know let me try to call again.
I will be write here at home one the hill with out a project waiting.
memike.

63 rear view resize.jpg

63g resized.jpg

Ok This must be a tractor co that has the car.
He said he would go look closely at it for me. I ask him to check for pitting and rust at the torsion bar crossmember area.
and floor bourds to the rear frame rails. He said he would look and save me a trip but if I would like to come look at it and drive it That I was welcome too.
I said if he did not mind he laughed and said he did not even think of looking there and would be glad too. He told me his reserve was 3.500 dollars.
We will see.

There is only one thing worse than wanting something badly and having to wait..

nah, maybe not!!!

Keep dialing!

I am waiting for a call back :clock:
and can't wait to jump in my 1991 500 dollar 318 a/c Dakota
to take a close look at it.
Yep the truck has given me no problems.:cheers:

910.jpg

913.jpg

Yeehaw! Way to go memike!! :supz:

'66 is really fine modell year for Dart!

And that price ain't bad either, go take a look and buy it!

Good luck for the bidding, i really hope you win!

Thank's brother KaKo brother from Finland.
It sure would make me a good street driver to keep.
I have a narrowed 8 3/4 posi and a motor ready to go.
Get that a/c blowing then drive it to Canada
and party with some old farts here.

I like it myself. Doesnt look to bad rust wise. Take a good look underneather. Torsion bar crossmembers tend to get soft, Frames rails etc.

Just another shot for some of yall that has not seen it on ebay.
A lot of us here are probably tired if me looking and not getting it dun.
This will be the one I hope this time.

mydart.jpg

Good new's !!!:cheers:
He said there is no rust or pitted area's around anywhere under the little
car and he said he checked the frame rail's and front end and it was very very clean no rust at all.:toothy10:
So look's like I am leaving tomorrow morning to look it over and get some pic of my own.
Its to late to call my banker but I can do that on the way there.
I guess know would be a good time to tell my wife hu!
I will get some good pic and see if this little 66 dart factory v8 a/c car come's home with me or not.
I need to get out more so I bet I will enjoy this short trip.
hope I can sleep tonight.:cheers:

I ran the vin and it is a true high 273 Dart 270.:cheers:
And guess where it was made.:clock:

Yep Canada.:toothy10: Looking good.

Good luck! Looks like a nice 66. I've had mine for 3 years now and have had
a blast with it. toolmanmike

You will have to let us know how it all goes. Hope you get it. They are fun cars. Here's a pic of mine after I painted it 12 years ago

thtn_66Dart.jpg

thtn_66Dart.jpg

thtn_66Dart.jpg

-
Back