Memike happy, it took a few years.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally :cheers: I found me a 66 Barracuda 11/16 factory stock sway bar :cheers:
I know this will slow her down some but she is a cruiser more then a drag car
We all know by now the /6 will always stay :color:
Who knows, she may be a corner carver on day in her life using the low deck 170 slant. hitting the scales 2.740.

Had to share memike's happy day :coffee2:
what has got your day fired up ? I am hopping the folks that are snowed in
are doing fine and I hope this snow get's out of here for everyone soon.

Laundry is about to hit hangers :-D

Attachments

• Creeds Ford Truck 460 057.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 213
  • Creeds Ford Truck 460 058.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Creeds Ford Truck 460 061.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 195
Nice score. :cheers:

Clean her up, paint her, and install her.
:burnout:

Way to go Mike. A little sanding, some fresh paint, and that sway bar will fall right in to place.

I would sand it down but I was told Por 15 likes sticking to it with just a soap and pressure washing Sid :color: but if I am wrong this is ??? post now 8)

I am going to wash it down and brush on some por 50 it satin black.. :glasses7: sound about right ???

My son and I like to use a 3" or 4" wire wheel on a drill. They can get it down to the metal and remove most/all of the rust. It will look as good as new. Wear safety goggles for any flying rust or wires from the wheel!

Just take your time and go one section at a time until it is all done. It sure beats a hand held wire brush.

Then you can use the POR 15 and it will last alot longer before rusting.

My son and I like to use a 3" or 4" wire wheel on a drill. They can get it down to the metal and remove most/all of the rust. It will look as good as new. Wear safety goggles for any flying rust or wires from the wheel!

Just take your time and go one section at a time until it is all done. It sure beats a hand held wire brush.

Then you can use the POR 15 and it will last alot longer before rusting.

I have a few 3" or 4" wire wheel Krazykuda, so por 15 will indeed stick better to clean steel ? I have heard that some people have seen it fall off of grinned/clean steel some times but stay on the rusted/just washed with soap and pressure wash area's ? am I totally wrong on this ? I would be glad to take the time to run a wire wheel on it a little at a time :cheers:

If you use POR15, you will need to paint over it. Ultra violet light breaks POR15 down.

Glad to see more improvements for Victoria MeMike.As said,a wire wheel and Por-15 will have it looking new.:glasses7:

OLDMANONTHEHILLRACING:burnout:

I have a few 3" or 4" wire wheel Krazykuda, so por 15 will indeed stick better to clean steel ? I have heard that some people have seen it fall off of grinned/clean steel some times but stay on the rusted/just washed with soap and pressure wash area's ? am I totally wrong on this ? I would be glad to take the time to run a wire wheel on it a little at a time :cheers:

I haven t heard that POR15 will not stick to metal. I would tend to think that it would stick to clean metal better than rust. Eventually rust gets loose and falls off, then leaving a bare spot to rust more.

You would think that the cleaner the surface is on the better it will stick.

Good grab. Country roads and good Mopar Suspension. Doesn't get much better. Brake early, power out!
Question: I recognize the Jeep air cleaner and the exhaust manifold looks great but what kind hybrid setup is it?

If you use POR15, you will need to paint over it. Ultra violet light breaks POR15 down.
Not much of that under her skirt :toothy1: but yes a good point :thumleft:

Glad to see more improvements for Victoria MeMike.As said,a wire wheel and Por-15 will have it looking new.:glasses7:

OLDMANONTHEHILLRACING:burnout:
It's a go for me then Scott, wire brush and a drill will be in my hands to make it look and last good :thumbup:

I haven t heard that POR15 will not stick to metal. I would tend to think that it would stick to clean metal better than rust. Eventually rust gets loose and falls off, then leaving a bare spot to rust more.

You would think that the cleaner the surface is on the better it will stick.
My thoughts as well till a friend showed me under his padding that is stayed on the old metal and was coming loose on the new metal, it may have been a prep thing :-s going to slick it up with wire wheel now after what I am reading :color:

Good grab. Country roads and good Mopar Suspension. Doesn't get much better. Brake early, power out!
Question: I recognize the Jeep air cleaner and the exhaust manifold looks great but what kind hybrid setup is it?
I call it a W.A.G.G.A.N (1.2.3.4.5.6.) set up on the exhaust :thumblef: because he built them 4 years ago and doing great, the breather is there to give my little engine cool air to the carb/intake :glasses2: from a 96 4.0 Jeep. Battery is located in the trunk in the passenger side. I have my my own way of doing things I guess :-D

Impressed you found one Memike....Kudos.
Yea! Thank you Abodybomber, I was tickled to find it :happy2:

My thoughts as well till a friend showed me under his padding that is stayed on the old metal and was coming loose on the new metal, it may have been a prep thing :-s going to slick it up with wire wheel now after what I am reading :color:
:

I also use brake parts cleaner (the chlorinated red can) to clean the parts before priming or painting and using a clean shop rag to wipe. Or laquer thinner (paint thinner). This will get the grease and oil off the part that can cause "fish eyes" in the paint, or the paint not to stick. I like to use brake parts cleaner over carb cleaner because it dries faster. Also, do not use silicone lubricants near the part before painting - it is difficult to remove and will cause fish eyes (a series of spots where paint will not stick).

Most of getting paint and primer to stick is getting the surface as clean as possible. Rust free and grease/oil free. The better you clean it, the longer it will last. :violent1:

I just spoke to my bro who has been in body work for many years. He says to get the flaky rust off (minimum). If you can get it any cleaner, that is better - wire wheel is good. Then apply the POR-15 on what is left over. No primer, driectly to the metal and any "surface rust" if any. It will last a long time.

And speaking of a long time, he cautions to USE GLOVES when handling POR-15, it won't come off your hands even with solvent. It will have to wear off if you get it on you. It also sticks to the car that well... (Good news) :cheers:

MEMIKE I would not know you if you ran me down in a wallmart parking lot but you are way cool and MY kind of REDNECK. I only wish I had your number of friends so when one dies another will fill his place on my casket.

-
Back