020.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

029.jpg

More;
027.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

Whats the thing on the side of the carb thats hooked to the alt.?
038.jpg

042.jpg

No A/C. There really isn't much for options on this car. Its a manual steering, power brake car. It's pretty plane.

It looks like a fast selnoid switch for AC to help idle it up at stop lights

I picked up my 8 3/4 for it yesterday. :) Now to build it, add SS springs and, well, get the car going. I am excited about this.

It looks like a fast selnoid switch for AC to help idle it up at stop lights

Curb Idle Solenoid !! :glasses7:

Holds the throttle at curb idle until the ignition is shut off. When ign is shut off, it allows the throttle blades to shut completely to prevent dieseling.

John and I pulled a bit more apart today. Got all the glass out and the trim off. Pulled the headliner and found something I have never seen before. What are your takes on this?
cd7f9243.jpg

90365343.jpg

205c952a.jpg

735ff387.jpg

what the heck is that? i'm curious to hear guys' takes on this i have noo idea! i wondered what was next to the buildsheet in my car and honest to god it was a prehistoric hot-dog!!! must have got thrown in on the assemble line no joke!

well, reading the top, i would think it is a paper that got put in a car that had some type of damage to it through assembly, and if you look hard enough, you may see what was marked off i found something similar in a car i tore down, and it had supposingly a dimple in the passenger quarter, well, sure enough, when i stripped the car, i found where they had to actually mud up a dent and repaint the whole quarter

Well, we have it even more torn down and let me tell you, it's not all good news. The engine is a warrenty replacment block, the trans is NOT numbers matching. The front frame rails have been messed up pretty bad, and several other things. I may soon be looking for a better car to put these parts into and scrap the shell. It's been wrecked pretty hard multiple times.
IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

Would be nice to see it saved but you will have to weigh your options. Nothing wrong with a rebody provided you can find a nice one.

-
Back