Merry ChrisBANG totaled

-

Avispa

Reaction score
Yep, totaled the Ford on the 23rd, we took a ride downtown to the hospital, we both came out smelling like a rose.
T-boned, but at the drivers side front fender, a millisecond later hit would have been square at my door and i wouldn't be typing this.
I missed all the family Christmas shindigs, sore as hell, could be worse, We were lucky as hell to come out with no blood or broken bones.
Please be careful out there and don't underestimate the other drivers intentions.
By the way, airbags taste jus like chicken.
upload_2021-12-27_16-18-25.jpeg

upload_2021-12-27_16-19-4.jpeg

upload_2021-12-27_16-21-17.jpeg

And you lived to tell the story...... Cars are replaceable.... Glad you made it without major injuries. Things change in an instant!

JW

Really glad yall are ok. Hope you get checked out really good if you haven't already. This is the type thing that can give you trouble years down the road. Ask me how I know.

Sure glad to hear all is as OK as it can be.
Finding a new NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game player could take awhile!
Just joking. Seriously glad to hear you're both OK. Looks like your Ford took quite a wallop.
Be safe!

Sorry to read, but glad you and the bride are ok. Like Rusty said keep an eye on everything for quite a while. Dont be a typical guy and be dismissive.

Sure is good you were able to post and let us know. Even better no blood or broken bones. Someone was watching out for you and knows you have more dogs to rescue!!

I just hope State ******* Farm is not involved.....................

Glad you are OK. Hard side impacts are very hadr on the body. Headrests / high backed seats are good for rear impacts and seatbelts are good for frobt impacts, but a side impact can do massive damage as the body (and head and neck) are snapped violently sideways.

It may just be my imagination, but it appears you may have been wronged by State Farm at some point.

Thanks for all your replies/best wishes/etc, yes we consider ourselves very lucky, and while i was waiting for the ambulance to arrive i was fearing my defib was going to fire off, that might have done me in
I know this will be hard to believe but this is the first accident i have ever been in, and i'm 75 and been driving legally since i was 15, driven all over the USA, and have driven in Japan, the Philippines, Mexico, Canada and South America, well so much for my perfect record :)
I haven't driven since then and when i do get in a car i am way more aware of what's going on around me, sounds strange i guess, but kinda like being gun shy.
It's 3:00 in the morning here , i guess i rolled over on the bad shoulder and woke myself up and it's not easy getting back to sleep, I have some percacet and a muscle relaxer i had filled today, i just hate to use them unless i absolutely have to, they clog you up inside, and dry your mouth out, gotta admit it fogs up my brain, but i do understand the old lady better when i'm in a fog like she is most of the time.
Thanks again for all the replies, do remember New Year's is coming up and there will be more idiots out there than usual.

Last edited:
Be very careful dealing with the insurance company, especially the other driver's.
You may want to consult with an attorney before signing anything. Medical issues can show up further down the line. What feels sore today can actually be an undiagnosed injury that can become problematic in the future.
Been there, done that!
Best wishes for speedy healing to you and your wife.

Should get a check this Tuesday. no State Farm.

Here's the new ride, used, not gonna, and can't pay 60 large for a new truck, found this locally, 140K miles, very clean.
upload_2022-1-8_9-7-45.jpeg

Short story, we get in the car with the seller, he's driving, ol' lady get's in front has 11K cash, i get in the back, first thing she does is hand him the cash (WTFYT), we test drive it and the ol' lady and i are talking and decide not to buy the car, he's in the drivers seat, but i tell him i'll will give him 100 bucks for his trouble (nine mile drive for him, he says "but i have the money", yes you do, give it back and i'll give you the hundred bucks, he says again, " but i have the money" so i said "so your not gonna give me back the money"?, he say's no, so i told him if it's gonna be like that i call the law, he say's ok, call them, i as i'm talking to the police he backs outta the driveway and leaves!
We had dealt with him before, and knew where he lived, went there he still refused to return the money so we ended up with the truck.
Don't have a clue as to why she handed him the money, and that's why my GF, formerly known as "significant other" is now my "insignificant other" , what an air head, now i only allow her to carry change in her purse and no bills allowed.

Last edited:
-
Back