Merry Christmas (wordy)

-

hemizach

Young Blood
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to wish everyone here on FABO a Merry Christmas, and I hope that the holiday brings something special to all of you this year. This group of people, and this forum, is the best on the planet as far as I'm concerned, and the generosity displayed throughout my time here thus far is unlike anything I have ever seen on any other forum. So, with that I thank you, for helping one another and being here for one another. This place is a great escape for many people that come home after a bad day or those members on here that might be in less-than-perfect situations this year.

I just wanted to take a moment to write a real Christmas post, because I am sickened by those of my age and younger that don't appreciate what this holiday is all about. Christmas isn't about possessions, and it shouldn't be a materialistic holiday like it is to many people today. To me it's about much more than that. Being that I'm not a religious person, this day is always about family. Tomorrow, I get to spend the best day of the year with my family, and it's my family that makes it the best day of the year to begin with. It's all about the small things on Christmas for us. Our traditional cinnamon rolls are one thing we never go without. We wake up, bake those cinnamon rolls, the parents grab coffee, and then we sit as a family, in the living room, to open the small gifts in our stockings. There's always stories to be told when we get to those certain small trinkets that we've picked out for each other, and it's the feeling that I get from that family time that makes Christmas special. Of course, we get gifts, but we don't try and buy things that we really can't afford. A small Christmas is fine with any one of us any year. Quite frankly, we get more excited about Christmas dinner, when we all sit down at the table together and fill our stomachs with turkey, stuffing, and all sorts of great food.

It's that dinner when it really hits us... there are people out there this year and every other year, people all around us, that aren't going to be able to have that dinner. There are those less fortunate that may not be able to afford that turkey, and are eating whatever they can manage to afford with what little they have. There are many, many kids who are going without gifts, and there are parents who are struggling to support their families. There are people who have lost loved ones, that don't get to celebrate this special time with them this year.

I guess all I am saying is that when you sit down with your family this year, take a moment to think about how lucky we are. We have food on our tables, and most of us here are managing to get by without too much trouble. Just be thankful for what you have, because there are others that have nothing. I'm not trying to preach, and I'm not trying to be a downer this Christmas eve, but not enough people realize how well off they actually are. The mentality in country, and our world today, is that more is always better and we always have to have more. More stuff, nicer clothes, nicer cars, bigger houses, more money... Well guess what, I know one thing that many people don't seem to get anymore. Yes, more is better, but as long as you have ENOUGH, you should be happy.

I'm sorry I made this thread a little long winded, but not enough people talk about his sort of thing. I just ask you this Christmas to not take anything for granted. Now, I'm going to leave everyone with two quotes that really apply to this time of year, and that everyone should hold close to them and remember throughout their lives...

"Be thankful for everything that you have, because there's always someone with less."

and

"Sometimes it's the people that have the least, that end up giving the most."

Merry Christmas to everyone here at FABO and to all of your friends and families.

- Zachary (hemizach) Arlen -

Good to see you still here Zach! I am dropping all the other stuff for holidays,just family and thats it!

I agree about this place. You know that of course:)

Well said,now pass the stuffing!LOL.Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family Zach.:cheers:

This thread is worthless without pictures and "smell-o-vision" about the cinnamon rolls!!!LOL!!! Zach, I'm glad to hear a young gun's story of his Christmas day, spending time with family!!! I'm also glad you decided to stick around, without people like you, FABO would be a much lonelier place. Merry Christmas to all from the cosgig clan!! Now, go and enjoy the season!!! Geof

Yeah I feel the same way even though I don't have a big family. It will just be me and mom. I go over to her place, spend a day with her, and back to the house.

Merry Christmas!

Well, said, Zach. Keep things in perspective like that and you will have a full and meaningful life. Merry Christmas.

Well said and worded Zachary :happy10:=D>
I had my two sons and MemikeJr's wife and all 4 of my grandchildren here yesterday :happy10:
We watched my granddaughter dance for us as she has taken up by watching the cheer leaders at ball games Mike Jr. Referees and enjoys music, and all the children had there gift's to open, My gift was hearing my grandson Riley call me papaw for the first time as he ran out to the car :shock::crybaby: he is my step grand son so to speak Made my day I am here to say. :happy10:
We enjoyed our day talking and telling stories about how much they have grown and our feast was Chilly and side food and some sweets everyone cooked up.

My greatest gift was hearing Riley say good bye Papaw :cry::love5: he is 8 years old and I am an ol softy and will never forget this Christmas because of that. Love Peace and happiness to all my family here at FABO :happy10:

Thank you Zach, I agree it's about caring about each other. My family is all spread out and complicated but we all get along and do what we can to get together. Yesterday my "little" brother and his lovely wife and 2 toddler daughters came up from Florida to visit some other inlaws, and we met our Dad and his wife at a Greek diner. The older waiter took great care of us. Here comes the best part. Dad grew up poor in New York state; he has almost no family photographs. When my little brother's mother left our Dad she stole a box of pictures. She died last year and my brother rescued the pictures. Growing up, our Dad had a big German Shepherd "Butch" who would pull him on his sled through the snow using a harness Dad made, and someone took a great photo of the two of them. My Dad has talked a lot about wishing he could find this picture...well sure enough, my brother had it restored, copied, and framed, and surprised our Dad with it. The old man got tears in his eyes, we all did.

Mmmmm....cinnamon rolls, that's a great idea, I will bring some into work Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thank you Zach, I agree it's about caring about each other. My family is all spread out and complicated but we all get along and do what we can to get together. Yesterday my "little" brother and his lovely wife and 2 toddler daughters came up from Florida to visit some other inlaws, and we met our Dad and his wife at a Greek diner. The older waiter took great care of us. Here comes the best part. Dad grew up poor in New York state; he has almost no family photographs. When my little brother's mother left our Dad she stole a box of pictures. She died last year and my brother rescued the pictures. Growing up, our Dad had a big German Shepherd "Butch" who would pull him on his sled through the snow using a harness Dad made, and someone took a great photo of the two of them. My Dad has talked a lot about wishing he could find this picture...well sure enough, my brother had it restored, copied, and framed, and surprised our Dad with it. The old man got tears in his eyes, we all did.

Mmmmm....cinnamon rolls, that's a great idea, I will bring some into work Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hand me a towel please :crybaby::hello2: That had to be a hart warming moment :happy10: God bless you and your family goldfish65

Well said and worded Zachary :happy10:=D>
I had my two sons and MemikeJr's wife and all 4 of my grandchildren here yesterday :happy10:
We watched my granddaughter dance for us as she has taken up by watching the cheer leaders at ball games Mike Jr. Referees and enjoys music, and all the children had there gift's to open, My gift was hearing my grandson Riley call me papaw for the first time as he ran out to the car :shock::crybaby: he is my step grand son so to speak Made my day I am here to say. :happy10:
We enjoyed our day talking and telling stories about how much they have grown and our feast was Chilly and side food and some sweets everyone cooked up.

My greatest gift was hearing Riley say good bye Papaw :cry::love5: he is 8 years old and I am an ol softy and will never forget this Christmas because of that. Love Peace and happiness to all my family here at FABO :happy10:
Here is the young man that gave me my very best gift :happy10:
Calling me PaPaw for the first time.

Attachments

• 164861_10150115765140259_562135258_8077409_5399801_n.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 69
-
Back