Met Herb McCandless Today - Not Abody, but

-

SpikeWills69

Live Free or Die
Reaction score
Met Herb McCandless today at a local cruise-in, what a genuinely nice guy. I saw him do a presentation a few years ago at Carlisle, but didn't meet him then. And this is not news, but his 300G w/modern hemi is gorgeous. My grandsons thought so too. This was a real honor.

Attachments

• CIMG0277.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 489
  • CIMG0279.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 450
  • CIMG0276.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 403
Nice 61 letter car!

Hopefully someday my bud will get his rolling again with the longrams.Thing is a blast!

hey spick where are you in raleigh??? i :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:work that place about everyday ..lol off on sat..

Nice 61 letter car!

Hopefully someday my bud will get his rolling again with the longrams.Thing is a blast!

My younger brother and I saw one in a bone yard, back in the late sixties. We were young, dumb and broke. It was probably very fixable too. Intakes, carbs etc were still on it. Herb got a laugh out of that.

Great guy with a beautiful car ;), he usually makes the Big Easy Mopar shows.
BigEasyMopas5-7-119.jpg

BigEasyMopas5-7-118.jpg

My younger brother and I saw one in a bone yard, back in the late sixties. We were young, dumb and broke. It was probably very fixable too. Intakes, carbs etc were still on it. Herb got a laugh out of that.

Ah man that sucks!

He has had his since he was a teen if I remember right, he is now in his mid 50's.

I remember going over to his place as a teen and seeing it.Would just sit there and look at it.

Ah man that sucks!

He has had his since he was a teen if I remember right, he is now in his mid 50's.

I remember going over to his place as a teen and seeing it.Would just sit there and look at it.

How about a 4spd 300F? Herb knew this guy and said he actually sold him a 300 at one time. This guy had 2 of these rare cars. These were taken around 5 yrs ago. My oldest grandson's first car show, he's the older one now in the pics of Herb's car.

Attachments

• CIMG1125.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 367
  • CIMG1124.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 379
How about a 4spd 300F? Herb new this guy and said he actually sold him a 300 at one time. This guy had 2 of these rare cars. These were taken around 5 yrs ago. My oldest grandson's first car show, he's the older one now in the pics of Herb's car.

WOW damn!

That would be fun as hell!

He also got a 65' 300 L stashed in a shop stall he took me in a ride in when he first got it, like 3 years ago.

I once new a lady accountant.Early 90'sher husband wanted an honest divorce.The car,was family inheritence,He wanted it,she fought hard for it.She got it back.(Damn,she was smoking hot...) Beige,F model.l,IIRC.

I once new a lady accountant.Early 90'sher husband wanted an honest divorce.The car,was family inheritence,He wanted it,she fought hard for it.She got it back.(Damn,she was smoking hot...) Beige,F model.l,IIRC.

Very cool, I think that color would be very rare, don't you think? Maybe the most rare?

Nice, he still has them both?

Oh ya, among a ton of others toys.

One day ill have to grab a decent camera and take some pics.Still has the 61 G, and the 62 Polara from when I first met him back in 91'.

Always nice to hear that some of th "Legends" are really good folks. On July 13th of this year we went to Don Garlits in Ocala, FL. They gave my 11 YO daughter a 2-side sheet of paper with 'scavenger' hunt things to find. She found everything and double checked it. The staff was impressed, she got it right and they gave her some stickers and a poster. She was really happy and I thought that it was very cool that they did that for her

Herb and his Son have beuilt acouple SWEEET early muscle mopars with modern drivelines. we are about 10 miles from his place and see him parts running in his 63 ?wagon all the time

Yep super guy!!!!! Me and a Buddie sat with him for lunch at the Indy show last winter,Super,Super NICE guy and easy to talk to,We asked ton's of questions about "Back in the day" and he could have talked for hours although he got pulled away to go address a forum he was putting on!!!!! Just a down home truly nice guy--Steve

As mentioned by others, he's a really nice guy, easy to talk to and will share advice/secrets with you. I talked with him for a while at the Big Easy Mopar show earlier this year, and as a celebrity at the show, he chose my Demon as his favorite at the show. Couple of pictures:

048.jpg

009-1.jpg

And my car also won 1st in class.

005-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

042.jpg

Yes he is a great guy. Met him on Power tour in 09. Was able to stand around
and talk to him for awhile. Seen him again at Mopars in the Park in Mn. He
said he remembered me from talking to him on the Tour. I think he was pulling
my leg, but we did tald for a long time a Great Lakes drag strip.
Just an all around nice guy!

-
Back