Metro Parts Company - rip off!!

-

keith9291

Reaction score
Has anybody bought any items from these guys?

I saw an ad they ran last month in MCG and noticed they had upper and even more important lower deck trim for a 67 Cuda. Being a bit weary and having been unfortunate enough to deal with some shady people I decided to ask a few questions. I emailed them to make sure that it was indeed two pieces one for the top and one for the bottom. I got a response back that indeed this was the case, just to be certain I said the bottom one is a different piece correct and they emailed back stating they are the same piece but, they work just fine and that they are an Authentic Mopar Restoration product. I emailed them back explaining that the trim lines up with the back tail lights and sent them a picture showing the differences!! No email back from them...

1967Trunktrimdiffrences001.jpg

1967Trunktrimdiffrences002.jpg

I've delt with Year One and The Paddock and have not been disappointed by either one. Your right it would be nice to have a list of the Good and the Bad.

Has anybody bought any items from these guys?

I saw an ad they ran last month in MCG and noticed they had upper and even more important lower deck trim for a 67 Cuda. Being a bit weary and having been unfortunate enough to deal with some shady people I decided to ask a few questions. I emailed them to make sure that it was indeed two pieces one for the top and one for the bottom. I got a response back that indeed this was the case, just to be certain I said the bottom one is a different piece correct and they emailed back stating they are the same piece but, they work just fine and that they are an Authentic Mopar Restoration product. I emailed them back explaining that the trim lines up with the back tail lights and sent them a picture showing the differences!! No email back from them...

Keith, are those the pics dana took from the BOG? He did a write up on those I thought? .....

I bought wheel well molding from them on Ebay. The parts fit and I am happy with them but as far as communication with that outfit...forget it. I E mailed them 4 o 5 times trying to find out if my trim had been shipped and got no reply. After several attempts I got through on the phone and got what amounted to a "yup" No they are not big communicators for sure.

I have bought quite few things form them & everything has been better than expected. I always call them dirrect so I can get a yes or no on if it's in stock.

Keith, are those the pics dana took from the BOG? He did a write up on those I thought? .....

Yes the pictures and the information I learned about the deck lid trim came from Dana. I know he did a write up recently for Year One on some Cuda trim. I am not familiar with BOG but was referred to Dana when I was looking for someone to restore all my 67's stainless and aluminum. I actually had 2 uppers someone was using on car, or I had bought a set that I thought was both an upper and lower. Either way it was Dana who explained to me the differences and sent me the pictures. I think at the time some guy on Ebay who was using a yellow 67 cuda in his ad selling rear deck lid trim stating that the both were the same piece, he was warning me to be careful because he was knew I would be looking for a bottom piece. Dana is a very great guy by the way and does some awesome work, anyhow he sent me the pics and explained the differences.

I just did a quick search and this is the guy...but he now at least tells you that the piece he is selling is made for the top but can be used for the bottom.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...ryZ34204QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also found Metros ad on ebay.....here is what he states in his ad
1967 BARRACUDA DECK LID MOLDING TRIM... AUCTION IS FOR TWO MOLDINGS!! TWO REQUIRED PER CAR!

QUALITY SO GOOD IT WAS AWARDED INTO CHRYSLERS REPRODUCTION PARTS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM

MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!

A HIGH QUALITY AMERICAN MADE REPRODUCTION WHICH HAS'NT BEEN AVAILABLE FOR SEVERAL YEARS

MADE FROM HIGHLY POLISHED AND ANODIZED ALUMINUM IT CORRECTLY REPLACES YOUR DENTED AND SCRATCHED ORIGINAL MOLDING

ONLY A FEW AVAILABLE ON THIS RE-ISSUE OF THIS HIGH QUALITY MOLDING

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!

LOOK AT THE PICTURE..... .. THIS IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE ORIGINAL MOLDING ISSUED BY CHRYSLER
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...ryZ34204QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I personally think it sucks how dishonest people are. I work pretty damn hard for my money and to have some slimy grease ball flat out lie about a $300 possible purchase is bull*hit. I was told there are quite a few people who use the top as a bottom because its better than nothing.

-
Back