Mice and carpet

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I just got the fastback out of storage and it smells horribly. The mice got into the car over the winter and peed all over the carpet. Has anyone found anything that really work to get rid of this type of smell, other than buying new carpet? I have tryed a couple different carpet cleaners, but they only works of a day or two before the smell returns.

those furry little bastards are very destructive. in the past ive always just spent the money and replaced the carpet and be done with it. i dont have mice problems any more with the new cats

I guess it time to remove the carpet.

Attachments

• 2012cuda.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 2012cuda2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 2012cuda3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 179
Pull the carpet and get a bag of charcoal, slit the bag long ways. Put it in the car and close the doors with the windows up and leave it for about a week. Clean any other stuff with a good foaming fabric cleaner and vacuum it very well. Between the fabric cleaner and the charcoal it should take most, if not all of the smell out.

Apart from the cleaning which of course is essential, the most effective tool for removal of odor is an ozone generator. These are used by hotels and for other commercial odor removal and can be rented. A handy guy can make one with a neon tesla coil.

Also pet stores sell cleaner for pet urine. Look for stains in the headliner too. Them vermits got in my headliner and DIED. Stunk like crazy.

Anytime I store my cars for the winter,I always place Downy/Fleecy sheets everywhere.Above the sun visors mostly to keep mice from entering the headliner.They hate these sheets and will stay away from your car.Works for me!

I had dryer sheet all over in the car, but it didn't make a difference. I removed the carpet to night and found a nest in the bottom under the back seat. It already is smelling alot better. I'll clean the floor and buy new carpet next week.

Mice are great. In addition to using the padding from my seats to build a nest in the trunk, they also used my spark plug wires and much of the other exposed wiring to build a nest on top of the engine.

you may want to pull the back seat ...like said they love that padding, and headliners there evil

Baking soda will absort odor also. I haven't had a mouse problem. Already fighting the red wasps though :(

They trashed my headliner, ate my backseat, dropped droplets on everything. But in the end I knew I was redoing the car anyways and they ate some of the underhood pad. So I smile and think happy thoughts of my mice dying of asbestosis.

-
Back