Michigan tornadoes cosgig !!

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am praying everyone is ok and our Michigan members chime in..
I seen that some bad tornadoes ripped threw real close to the west of Detroit and I am worried about our folks and my Valentine Nella is all alight.
From what I can see a town called Dexter was hit hard and homes are scattered and tore up, Thank god no one has lost there life but that is all I know :dontknow:

This had to be very scary and I hope to hear from our folks near or fare from these bad tornadoes

I wish them the best but there were some pretty bad pictures from there. I am so glad everybody was OK (as far as I know from the news). Not too far from Ann Arbor.

If anybody is in the Dexter area and needs help please let us know.

We got not much rain or wind, so funny. South of I-696 was hit hard and same about 30 miles north but in between was just light showers. You could hear the thunder and see the lightening and at times it look like some black clouds were going to hit us but then they faded away

Today was foggy till noon and then the sun came out, its 72 and sunny with a very light wind. So nice for the month of May to come so early to us. The forecast is low to mid 70.s till next Friday--I'm on a southern vacation, lol

I've been outside all day today, its great

I heard nobody was even injured, hard to believe. Nobody must have been home. Yeah there is some major damage but 25 miles from me

I wish them the best but there were some pretty bad pictures from there. I am so glad everybody was OK (as far as I know from the news). Not too far from Ann Arbor.

If anybody is in the Dexter area and needs help please let us know.

The family I am worried about lives in Pinckney! Do you know where that town is and how that town is ? Thank you for chiming in and being helpful for us :cheers:

We got not much rain or wind, so funny. South of I-696 was hit hard and same about 30 miles north but in between was just light showers. You could hear the thunder and see the lightening and at times it look like some black clouds were going to hit us but then they faded away

Today was foggy till noon and then the sun came out, its 72 and sunny with a very light wind. So nice for the month of May to come so early to us. The forecast is low to mid 70.s till next Friday--I'm on a southern vacation, lol
Cool!! and happy to hear you and your family is good to go :cheers:
I did not know that you all got allot of tornadoes till I looked on the internet :glasses7:

No, I was not there today. I'm in Novi, about 20 miles west. I believe only Dexter had major damage

We really don't got alot. 1975 was the last time this area got hit hard. When they happen its just a mile or two of damage-if that, not like a 20 mile path of destruction like the south gets

Seems like they touch down but don't stay on the ground for long

Every city does have those air raid sirens, each month they test them. Once a year they might go off but nothing major seems to happen

Most homes do have basements and you are to go down there and stay near a wall when you hear the sirens. They didn't go off here last evening

I hate to say it ,but its going to be a bad season this year,we are like 15 degrees warmer than we should be o ya sure its nice but to many days in a row something is not RIGHT.

I hate to say it ,but its going to be a bad season this year,we are like 15 degrees warmer than we should be o ya sure its nice but to many days in a row something is not RIGHT.
You are right Snake, good times now but they are saying the heat is going to brew up many storms :book:

What are we going to do tonight ? :D

No, I was not there today. I'm in Novi, about 20 miles west. I believe only Dexter had major damage

We really don't got alot. 1975 was the last time this area got hit hard. When they happen its just a mile or two of damage-if that, not like a 20 mile path of destruction like the south gets

Seems like they touch down but don't stay on the ground for long

Every city does have those air raid sirens, each month they test them. Once a year they might go off but nothing major seems to happen

Most homes do have basements and you are to go down there and stay near a wall when you hear the sirens. They didn't go off here last evening

Thank you for the update dodge freak =D> I seen the pictures on the tv and seen a couple homes that looked like cosgig's place and I got worried and needed :help: Thank you so soooo much =D>

Yup, got some damage in Dexter. Lots of property damage but no injuries. Cosgig is north of that area and I don't think his area got hit. I'm about 20 miles north west of Dexter and all we got here was a few boomers and some rain.

Yup, got some damage in Dexter. Lots of property damage but no injuries. Cosgig is north of that area and I don't think his area got hit. I'm about 20 miles north west of Dexter and all we got here was a few boomers and some rain.
Thank you Badsport :blob: I am so happy to hear you and so far other members here are still in there homes :hello2:
And thank you for the up to date update I am looking for and so glad to see you chime in :blob::D

With this crazy weather you never can tell what could happen.

If you were to tell me a month ago that we be having upper 60's to low 70's temps for 11--13 straight days starting March 10th I would had said no freaken way, not even in early April would we have that

A farmhouse in Ida was torn apart also.

I seen a pictures on the news that shocked me chryslerfat !!
It looked like a complete community was flattened also.
Thank you for chiming in so we know all is good :cheers:

Howdy all!! Yea, we're just fine, although when i went to pick up the kids from school, they were on lockdown and everybody was crying and they wouldn't let us leave until the storm had passed. Nella was really flipped out, but with Dad there she buckled in and was a real trooper.
Dexter is the town just south of us, about 10 miles, so yes we were very close to the danger. I had to divert around the area on my way to work this morning because of all the devastation, but everyone form our community is rallying around the folks in Dexter and trying to get them whatever is needed. Thank God no one was seriously hurt, and that it was at a time of day when kids and families were not at home, saving what could have been a much worse disaster!!

Thanks to everyone here for your concern, your thoughts and prayers are a much needed boost to what has been a very trying week for us. So far, a Mom of some Pinckney students was hit and killed by a school bus, then one of Nella's classmates commited suicide the next day, and now the tornadoes have really capped off a horrible week here in our corner of the mitten!!

God Bless you all and thanks for your concern, it means the world to us to have such great friends looking out for us!! Geof, Wendy, Nella and Ian

Glad to hear everyone is ok down there!! Weirder and weirder weather all over this planet!! Geof my condolensces to everyone affected with the tragedies this week!

glad everyone is ok, couldn't believe the tornadoes were that far north. It was supposed to rain here all this week but weather has been beautiful some days in low 80's. Prayers sent for the ones suffering from all the tragedies,Joe

I'll have to call my outlawz today and make sure they are ok...

-
Back