Mick’s Brilliant idea 72 Dart Swinger

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
Hi, this was supposed to be a nice old car that I could drive and lose my car payment. My wife wasn’t really thinking it was the best idea (she’s got more sense than me) but she went along for the ride. We could see the car from about half a block away, and she said “oh, ****. That car is you!” Got it for Way less than the asking price. The motor started right up, but there was no steering or brakes. Here are a few pics of the Proud Papa with his new baby after I drove 20 miles on the freeway scared to death!

B6539811-0904-4D87-9148-F5F746B1CEF2.jpeg

9F0324F4-1C23-4951-AB86-ED15591BD915.jpeg

554BEF88-5658-4455-AD2B-69BD62E1A31F.jpeg

8DC41F5A-46B0-4729-BDAB-C804E30345AD.jpeg

Doesn’t look like I can see or respond to anything. I’m seeing a lot of this ****. I’m not seeing any replies. That sucks. I’m seeing this.

F6D1AF04-7AE4-40DA-92D8-EFC7C2A0C1EF.png

So **** this! Here are a couple of pics of my next steps. I’ve basically would up rebuilding this car from the ground up. I certainly wasn’t expecting that! Interior was horrible Grey terrycloth germ grabbing ****. I replaced the whole interior while I was figuring out my motor options

3480FD7E-211B-463B-932A-0CED7A2DD4BC.jpeg

2344A3A3-B5B0-49D7-ADB8-6A216071296A.jpeg

260B7466-2E18-4A91-BA9D-B1BAC9B8BF7A.jpeg

Wiring was all messed up, so I paid to have these gauges put in 3 times. I’ve been screwed like crazy from guys who look at my car and guarantee me that they know just what to do! What’s my recourse?

867FCA11-36F6-4BDF-9318-D7B365679840.jpeg

That is a great lookin start for a ride!! But I don't understand your comments------are you having trouble seeing your own post?

Good looking Dart, unfortunate that you are having so many unpleasant experiences with it.
Yeah, there aren’t a lot of Mopar mechanics in San Diego. I found a great mechanic and builder after paying a lot of money to the wrong guys. I’m not naming names, lol

Ok, so now the interior is done. New seats, carpet, headliner, carpet, got new steel trim for the headliner, and then decided to upgrade the stereo! Guys, this is a 50 year old car with Bluetooth, Nav and Sattelite radio!

BC167D6C-726B-4903-A49E-3521AE37C567.jpeg

Ok, after the stereo I changed the skinny tires and crappy wheels for some Cragars and T/As. I should probably say now that this has been a really difficult build during Covid. I had to get the wheels from 2 different places, wound up sending a couple of sets back, and then took forever just to find the lug nuts for them!

246DEFA2-94FE-49EC-9D41-B2F339277084.jpeg

94F76219-FD5C-4EBB-912D-0507A3DEBD00.jpeg

The Go Wing and stripes were a whole other search! I eventually found the right stripe. First one just peeled off. No refund!
Done for today. Cheers!

Good looking car, so what did you end up with for a motor?

Great car, Mick! What's your recourse? At the risk of being a smartass....which I am a lot of times, but I'm not now, learn to do it yourself. Buy a factory service manual. It'll have the wiring diagrams in it. Learn them. Buy yourself a decent multimeter. I got an older Fluke on ebay years ago for a song. Learn how to use it. It's not difficult. I can drudge my way around most any electrical issue on cars and I'm way stupid. If I can do it, anybody can.

What’s wrong with the gauges?
And! What did you do with tips old rims? How wide are they?

Great car, Mick! What's your recourse? At the risk of being a smartass....which I am a lot of times, but I'm not now, learn to do it yourself. Buy a factory service manual. It'll have the wiring diagrams in it. Learn them. Buy yourself a decent multimeter. I got an older Fluke on ebay years ago for a song. Learn how to use it. It's not difficult. I can drudge my way around most any electrical issue on cars and I'm way stupid. If I can do it, anybody can.
Dude, I’m a retired Commercial Plumber. I worked building schools and hospitals. I also spent 3 years working on Sharon Tate’s house in Hollywood. I’m done. My back and knees are not wanting to do much anymore

Dude, I’m a retired Commercial Plumber. I worked building schools and hospitals. I also spent 3 years working on Sharon Tate’s house in Hollywood. I’m done. My back and knees are not wanting to do much anymore
Wow. That was some messed up stuff that happened to her. Yeah, I can tell from your pic you ain't a new one. LOL I'm right there with you. The only difference is, I have to muscle through it and do it myself, because I cannot afford to pay some one else.

Wow. That was some messed up stuff that happened to her. Yeah, I can tell from your pic you ain't a new one. LOL I'm right there with you. The only difference is, I have to muscle through it and do it myself, because I cannot afford to pay some one else.
I can only afford this because I’m selling parts to buy parts. I’m not a mechanic, and I’ve learned my lesson about trying to do more than tuneups and oil changes!

UA 230?

-
Back