Might be getting another A body for the stable

-

Badart

Reaction score
JMacsMopars and myself are going to look at a 70 Duster roller ex drag car on next Saturday. It has been listed in the local online classifieds in the parts section as a "Duster Dragster"? for almost a month. I don't know how I missed it, because I check them daily. The owner lives 2 hours away and can't make it up here till Saturday. It has been in storage in a garage for a few years. It has a clear title, cage, slicks, claims that it has been back halved, but couldn't even tell me what rear it has in it. He did say that it still has the factory dash and door panels. He claims that all of the lights work and could be turned back to a street car really easy. Hmmm Could be interesting. I am actually excited about this. I figure that he either doesn't know what he has or it's a turd. I will keep you informed.

I know, I know I don't need another project, but if it is in decent shape then one of us will be pulling it home.

Normally I would think it would be gone if it was good after a month. But we are living in some weird times right now. take a camera and post up some pictures.

With the owner not knowing much about the car,you might just hit the...jackpot.We know you,ll work your magic on it BaDart.:D sounds interesting,hope the backhalf isn,t a hack job.:banghead:

Normally I would think it would be gone if it was good after a month. But we are living in some weird times right now. take a camera and post up some pictures.

It's kind of strange the way that he has it listed and he didn't take any pictures. The car is in a rural area in a storage building and I think that most people in the Salt Lake area wouldn't make the drive up here to look at it. That is what I am hoping anyway. I guess that we will find out soon enough.

With the owner not knowing much about the car,you might just hit the...jackpot.We know you,ll work your magic on it BaDart.:D sounds interesting,hope the backhalf isn,t a hack job.:banghead:

I hope that the cage and back half is not a hack job too. I also hope that it's complete as he claims and no rust would be a bonus. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :D

Well J-Macsmopars and myself went and looked at this yesterday. (Finally got the seller to drive up here). Don't let the picture fool you, because she is a turd. It's too bad that somebody ruined a very solid 70 Duster. According to the vin it was a 318 car, but that's about all that we could tell, because of the missing fender tag. Even if somebody wanted to race this car it would have to be completely redone. Very unsafe and major hack job on everything. I couldn't even offer the guy $500, because it just wasn't worth it. I mean every panel on it was hammered or cut up with a torch.

We both pointed out to the sellers very politely what was wrong with the car. I felt bad for them, because they had bought it as it sits as a project.

Fiberglass front clip was badly cracked and installed poorly.
K member was cut up
sbp mismatched drum brakes in front
power steering box with hoses cut
cowl vent filled with a gallon of bondo
inner fenders cut out with no support for the front frame rails or shock towers
floor pan cross member cut out with a torch
rear quarters inner and outer fenders cut out with a torch
poor unsafe roll bar welded in (not even a cage)
Slicks and skinnies were dry rotted

What a waste of time. Honestly the only thing worth anything on the car was the 8 3/4 and the wheels. What a shame.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 70
-
Back