Military Jet crashed into apartment complex 1 mile from my wifes office

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Navy Jet went down around lunch time in Va. beach today decimating an apartment complex. My wife's office is about 1 mile from crash site and she said the explosion was unbelievable. Sounds like plane was in trouble from the start and crew did everything they could to minimize collateral damage. Both crew members ejected and are hospitalized. No casualties reported yet, but damage is catastrophic. Thoughts & prayers to these folks and our military family.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...in-virginia-beach-hitting-apartment-buildings

Attachments

• 72E7EDFFD7C2E4254E189D3318374.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 227
Wow, said on the news that 3 apt buildings have completely collapsed but still report no casualties

Thankfully this happened during the day & hopefully no one was inside. The crash site is in complete FUBAR condition.

I heard this on the radio today. I think they said it was a F-18 Hornet IIRC.

Hopefully everyone was at work.....

I heard this on the radio today. I think they said it was a F-18 Hornet IIRC.

Hopefully everyone was at work.....

Navy F/A-18

Looks like the pilot stayed with the jet till the last possible minute.

Both pilot and "copilot" stayed in the aircraft doing a fuel dump then punched out just before the plane hit.

The town house I owned foe 8 years is about 500 feet from where the plane crashed Luckily I sold it three years ago If not I'd be pickin up plane pieces and washing jet fuel off all my stuff right now The apartment complex is for retiree's I think its a 55 and up community.

-
Back