Military

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
just wondering how many members of FABO have family members or friends that are in active Military duty? I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all who have been and are currently involved in the Military....

+1 on that Doug
usa.gif

I am a retired 25 year veteran. I must say that you owe us nothing... we do (or did) what we do because it is a cause that we believe in. It is a just cause that we are (or were) glad to do so that all of us may continue to enjoy our way of life, and live free.

Please do not take this as a slight on your thanks... it is far from that. Your thanks and gratitude is greatly appreciated! Thank you for all of your heart felt thanks!

:salute:

I am a retired 25 year veteran. I must say that you owe us nothing... we do (or did) what we do because it is a cause that we believe in. It is a just cause that we are (or were) glad to do so that all of us may continue to enjoy our way of life, and live free.

Please do not take this as a slight on your thanks... it is far from that. Your thanks and gratitude is greatly appreciated! Thank you for all of your heart felt thanks!

Thank you for serving our continent

i understand i have been told that before. i am still completly thank full:)

2 nephews on my wife's side, one just arrived in Baghdad, Captain, infantry, 3rd tour.

The other is an Air Force Captain, pilot, currently stateside, has been deployed 6 times in Iran and Afganistan. Flies C130s I think.

Both of my boys are USAF one is a Pilot and the other is Air Traffic Control.
Im a 11 year combat vet from Vietnam Arena
Frank

My Step Son (Navy) just returned from Iraq and his Wife (Marine) left the following week for Afghanistan, extremely proud of both of them. I have gotten to old to serve in regular military so 6 years ago I enlisted with the State Guard , reserve to National Guard, except we remain stateside. Not really in harms way but thought is was a respectful way to show my thanks to our regular military.

My son is currently in the Army and stationed at Ft Hood. He got back from Iraq last spring and will be deploying to Afghanistan in the next year.

I spent 8 years in the Corps and another 2 in the Army.

Come to think about it, every male member of our family has spent at least one hitch in the military except for my 2 brothers. From the great-grandfathers on down.

Nobody in my immediate family is currently serving. I'm former Army. Let me add this to this thread, and my heartfelt thanks to all currently serving to protect our way of life and to all prior service members.

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you ?
Have you always turned the other cheek ?
To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'

Author Unknown~

It's the Military, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the
Press. It's the Military, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of
Speech. It's the Military, not the politicians that ensures our right to
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It's the Military who salutes
The flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by
The flag.

If you care to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for
The Military, please pass this on and pray for our men and women who have
Served and are currently serving our country and pray for those who
Have given the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.

My step son is in the Army, SP/5 currently in Afganistan. My other step son, a WO4, in the Army too is currently on orders to go to Afganistan in January.
I put in my time from 1962-65.....Armed Forces Police....last duty station San Juan, Puerto Rico.

My daughter is in Afghanistan extended again.:|

I guess I am lucky I have a total of 10 years National Guard and Active Duty Army still in till at least 2012 and I have no intentions of getting out. Unless that 6 figure job comes along. (No really I can make a few phone calls when it gets close and work for the US Secret Service).

-
Back