Milling intake

-

Reaction score
I've been looking for a victor intake for my Smallblock 408. I stumbled across one for sale that had .030 milled off. The seller said that his engine was decked so that his Pistons were at zero.
My build was also decked. Is this something that could work for me or should I just stay clear.

Hard to tell without trying it on your block. I bought a new Edelbrock air gap for my 416 with Indybrock heads and I wound up having to mill the sides for it to fit.

Ok, dumb question.
Let's say the intake doesn't fit because it's milled to much. Is there spacers are thicker gaskets available?

Yes I believe they make thicker gaskets thou I've never used them. But if you catch stores like Autozone and such they will offer discounts and sales so that you can pick one up cheap. I bought mine thru Autozone and with discounts I paid $262.00 for a new one.

Ok, dumb question.
Let's say the intake doesn't fit because it's milled to much. Is there spacers are thicker gaskets available?
You could but I wouldn't. I would pass.

Yes I believe they make thicker gaskets thou I've never used them. But if you catch stores like Autozone and such they will offer discounts and sales so that you can pick one up cheap. I bought mine thru Autozone and with discounts I paid $262.00 for a new one.
$262? For gaskets??

most intake gaskets are .060...I have found one set that is .090 and SCE make a set that is .125 thick..
Block decked ...what about heads being decked?...Thinner head gasket?...It all adds up.

-
Back