milodon oil pan install

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
Hello everyone. i am instaling an 8 quart milidon oil pan on a 67 barracuda. i was wondering about the k member mods. do you have to notch both sides and how much on the right side. thank you

I have not installed this pan but have heard that it is required to make a small knotch in the Kframe. This nled me to choose a different pan. There are Kevko pans and the Milodon road race pan that do not require notching the kframe.

I have that pan, on a 1970Duster K, in a 68/6 Barracuda. With 1/4" spacers on each engine pedestal. I was able to drop the engine/tranny assy into place, without notching, but there was almost zero clearance,on the passenger side. I marked the spot, raised the assy up a couple of inches, and torched a notch, about 1/2" on each side. Then dropped it back into place.IIRC on the drivers side, I made a tiny notch with a die-grinder,and with the engine on the mounts. The following winter, I took the engine out for tear-down/inspection. With the engine out I cleaned up the notchs.My P-notch was a lot smaller than jpars(pictured above in post#5).
My roadrace pan didnt leak til I buried it in the dirt at my first grass rallaye-cross.I found out that the brakes dont work when the wheels leave the ground, but when everything comes back down, the pan in the dirt does make a pretty good brake! Yeah, I built a skid-plate, the very next week! But the pan had to come off the following winter, as the brazing (field repairs) only slowed the leakage.That pan is still on the car today, about 10 years later.Its probably the only thing NOT leaking or seeping, at this time.

-
Back