Milodon oil pan pictures

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So I think I've given up on my Weldtech aluminum pan that I bought originally for the swap. Every time I think I have the leaks and cracks fixed it seems to be leaking from a new weld or my patch cracks again. That being said I'm looking into getting a steel Milodon pan to replace it, but I had a question regarding the baffles and pickup in the Milodon pan. The Weldtech pan came with a larger circular pickup, but it looks like the Milodon pan uses a rectangular pickup. Does anyone have a picture looking down into the Milodon pan from the inside? I'd like to see if my existing pickup would work before I order a pan and find out I needed to order a new pickup as well.

I have every view but that. Go to summit racing. Alot of times they but 360 deg pictures to see. Just look up pan by application.

I took a look yesterday and didn't see quite what I was looking for. They have a view from the left and up just a little, but not enough to see the cutout in the baffles. The only other view they had was from the bottom right.

Pretty bad, I think my best was around 2.5 off the top of my head. My first run was a 15, with a 2.9 60'. Blew the tires off most of the way through first and they wouldn't even hook when I was trying to feather it on the first run. Had to pretty much just let off most of the way and get back on it. My next three runs were all actually pretty close, 13.99 to 14.2 or so over the next three. Tried playing with the launch rev limit on my MSD box to help some, but I think it's mainly in my clutch release, need to try to slow it down I think.

Do remember off hand what the cutout in the baffle looked like? It it just a big rectangle that's close to the size of the lower sump section or is it just big enough for the pickup to fit through? Looks like it's a pretty big hole, so I think I can get away with the one I have.

Tried that too, just a single picture from a low angle. Even tried a Google image search and didn't have much luck. Thought someone around here may still have a build in progress that could snap a pic for me. I think there were a few people that had some engines being redone, but I don't know what pans they had off the top of my head. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Worst case I can just buy the pan and hope for the best. That or buy the pickup and just send it back if I don't need it. Would like to try to get one ordered soon so I can get it done and try to rule out some other problems I've been having, but want to avoid having to pay extra shipping if possible. I may just have to give Milodon a call or something.

Do remember off hand what the cutout in the baffle looked like? It it just a big rectangle that's close to the size of the lower sump section or is it just big enough for the pickup to fit through? Looks like it's a pretty big hole, so I think I can get away with the one I have.

These are some pics of tray p/n 32010
Not sure if that was the one you are wanting or not?

Attachments

• IMG_7733.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 189
This is the pickup p/n 18331 and pan #31000

Attachments

• IMG_7732.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7734.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 189
Bingo! Thank you thank you, that's exactly the picture I was looking for. It looks like it's just a big cutout for the baffle. I assume there's nothing else down in that sump area? If not then I think I'll be able to get away with my current pickup, assuming the pan depths are about the same. Milodon says the sump depth is 6", but where is that measured from? Could someone measure from the bottom of the pan rail to the bottom of the sump on their pan (easiest thing for me to measure with the pan still installed)? I measured mine and it's closer to 7" so I may need a new pickup after all.

-
Back