Milodon pan question

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
Just read on another forum - apparently the Milodon pan flange blocks off half the return oil galleries ?

I didnt notice any such thing with mine - but I wasnt checking - can anyone confirm or clarify?

Can't confirm, but I am skeptical. The pan might, might restrict oil return if and only if the pan rails are narrower than the gasket flange on the block.

The basic issues I've read about and seen pictures of and thus evidence is that the Milodon windage tray needs a bit of massaging to fit correctly and that the pan will not work with an alterktion.

The other issue is that the pan is smaller than the stock pan which shouldn't be a problem unless you run for extended periods at high RPM or replace the stock pump with a high volume pump. Which according to interwebs and articles I've read the stock oil system is more than sufficient.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

The basic issues I've read about and seen pictures of and thus evidence is that the Milodon windage tray needs a bit of massaging to fit correctly and that the pan will not work with an alterktion..
Regards,

Joe Dokes

The statement above is incorrect. The Milodon pan does infact work with the Alterktion and is the preferred oil pan in use...

Riddler

Preferred? Um, I don't think so. From what I've seen, the fitment of the pan, windage tray and dipstick sucks and the manager at Milodon who could do something about it is an arrogant jerk. I won't buy anything from them. I went with a Moroso custom pan for my Cuda and a regular production Moroso pan for my 5.7 Challenger. They're pieces of art and they're reasonably priced for what you get. JMO of course...

The statement above is incorrect. The Milodon pan does infact work with the Alterktion and is the preferred oil pan in use...

Riddler

I agree with SRT, I've had fitment issues with Milodon stuff from day one including the new 6.4. They are usually out of stock on these parts. I've never met them, but I get the feeling they still use pencils and paper.

Just wondering if anyone in the middle of a build up wants to check and see if there's a potential problem?

Almost every hemi build I've read uses the Milodon pan. Yeah it has some fitment issues and I'm not saying it doesn't. What I am saying is it does fit with the alterktion suspension.

Riddler

Preferred? Um, I don't think so. From what I've seen, the fitment of the pan, windage tray and dipstick sucks and the manager at Milodon who could do something about it is an arrogant jerk. I won't buy anything from them. I went with a Moroso custom pan for my Cuda and a regular production Moroso pan for my 5.7 Challenger. They're pieces of art and they're reasonably priced for what you get. JMO of course...

Sure...NOW you tell me...lol

When you asked this, my pan was already torqued down by about a half day earlier.

When you asked this, my pan was already torqued down by about a half day earlier.

Well it sound like its a non-issue....but I am sure there was a guy on one of the Moparts threads that said he found this problem....

I can't get around the fact that there's so many different experiences!

I just put mine back together I still have the factory windage tray . I look there was some minimal restriction that I noticed . it was not enough to be concerned. (my thoughts)
the windage tray can be a *****! I had to drill an extra 1/2 hole in mine . I have a grand Cherokee block has two pickup bolts off the crank bolts.
as well the tray is punched sheet metal . . had to move the tray a couple off times every time the pickup was tighten down the tray would shift .

OK, who is actually doing what?

Who is in the middle of doing it?

Most importantly! Who has done it?
What cave eats have you found?

Did anyone contact Moder Muscle above since his post?

Ok..I'll start ......When I did it, I usedthe Milodonpan, factory tray and also milodon gaskets......no fitment issues but I didnt check the oil galleries....

Just read on another forum - apparently the Milodon pan flange blocks off half the return oil galleries ?

I didnt notice any such thing with mine - but I wasnt checking - can anyone confirm or clarify?

I remembered this question recently when I had the pan off , and yes it does block off half the return galleries as represented by the ruler in the pic .

I don't see it as a big problem those drain back holes are pretty generous is size , That's just my opinion .

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 210
-
Back