Milodon Pick-up tube

-
A) I ordered the milodon dip stick, yes, it goes in the hole in the left side of the block. It was easy to install...

B) The biscuit mount hits the plate... I chopped mine with a grinder. The driver side mount should have the bump facing the motor/TTI plate, the passenger side the bump faces the K-member, bump to the bottom.

My last post here has a few pics you can kinda see mine..
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=59806&page=3

or try here... TTI PIC.
http://ttiexhaust.com/PDF/Sheet3706FBP.pdf

Thanks Joe, I wasn't sure at all with the mounts. hm, the contact surface is getting smaller, not good.
Did you test fit your engine already? I'm waiting for this bolt for the pickup from our local dodge dealer. 2 weeks now.... :-(

Milodon is refering to the stock did stick. Hope the length is correct and will go through whatever exhaust I'm gonna use...

On the last hemi swap i did . We used a dip stick from a 2005 grand cherokee with the Milodon pan. You can see the handle in the pic.

Attachments

• 0511102240.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 153
I was a bit nervous about the mount chop also, remember, its the "squish" mount, not the "pull" mount with the torque of the motor. I used mancini's "mag mounts" the have a bolt through the drivers side to help prevent mount tearing from torque. They are supposed to be more forgiving with vibration than the polyloc mounts... Made me feel a bit better about cutting one at least.

Here are some pics of my chop, the 2nd is to give you a idea of where I cut mine, about 1/2" above the stud. Also a pic of the dipstick...

I havent test fitted the motor yet, but, IT'S GOIN' IN TODAY!! So I will let you know.

JOE

Attachments

• P1010569.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 134
  • P1010573.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 148
  • P1010576.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 149
I didn't open my motor yet but heard that there is the same stud in the main cap nr 1. Is it right? Can I use this bolt? On all my previously made small blocks I reused the bolts in the main caps.
Chrysler germany is too stupid to supply. I' waiting now 2 weeks....

I wouldn't reuse them, they are torque to yield... I would hate to see a issue come up from a $10 bolt... If you are having that much trouble, I can grab one my next full day off (tues) they had them in stock when I got mine. I could ship it to ya.

JOE

Joe, this is a great offer. I will be back on this latest tuesday morning (we are 6 and more hours ahead here). I'll give our local dealer the chance until tuesday. It is such a big deal for them .... :)
Thanks again.

-
Back