Mini Starter options?

-
Wrong-O- the diplomat starter we bought from the parts store was way smaller then the stock 1974 v8 starter it just had a bit long of a nose on it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-DIPLOMAT-MINI-STARTER-1977-1989-/170862901784 lookie there! :burnout:

must be for a 1989 dodge diplomat as 1977-1988 had the large chrysler starter; I know my 1988 came factory with the chrysler starter

1989 diplomat also used a different alternator as well as they had an air bag in the steering wheel

how Am I a dink? if someone reads this thread and assumed any M body (diplomat fury etc) in the 80's had a mini starter they would be wasting money to just go to a U-pull-it and buy one because they were a one year item on the M's

better to save someone time then to argue about it, check the date code on the door post sticker if possible, anything after 6/'88 should be alright

why not go with a reman mini starter for $45 and stick it on, the ease of installation is worth it alone

The Summit starter is a reman mini-starter by Bosch for the same price?!?! I guess I missed your point???

-
Back