Mini Starters for Dodge Darts

-

R68DartGT

Reaction score
Hi I have a 1968 Dodge Dart GT and am putting in a 360 Magnum with a Keisler 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission with TTI Headers. I am looking for the correct mini starter to fit this set up. I had one from Chrysler Part number 53005984AB however it was too big by 1/4 to 1/2 inch. does anyone know of a smaller starter that will fit this application? I've been asking around and can't seem to get the right one.

Hi, This is what I used and would recommend. It's a pricy unit but as you know, you get what you pay for...usually. This starter is fully clockable and it fits great. I used it on a 65 Dart/340/727 with the TTI headers. I was happy with the service I recieved. www.robbmcperformance.com/ Jason

Too big ? in what dimension ? I have a full size starter in my fish with TTi's so maybe something isn't sitting right ? I have always been told to look for an 80s-90s dakota v8 starter someone here will know the years better than me or you could probably do a search here .

99 Magnum swap,into 72 Scamp. Used the starter,from the stock 99 Magnum. Clears,everything on mine.727/ 1 3/4" Hooker pipes.Go to the local parts house,ask for a look at one.

Denso #2810115 Rockauto.com has them for $145 Brand new starter, not remanufactured.

:newb: Thank you VERY MUCH!!! That starter worked perfectly!!!!

Hi, This is what I used and would recommend. It's a pricy unit but as you know, you get what you pay for...usually. This starter is fully clockable and it fits great. I used it on a 65 Dart/340/727 with the TTI headers. I was happy with the service I recieved. www.robbmcperformance.com/ Jason

I got a 70 Dart with a 360/727 and TTI headers and all I did was go to my local pick and pull and took one off from a Ram Van with a V8. Fits great and works great.

i bought a Delco starter ACD336-1633 from Lordco that fits a 97 Dakota 5.2. it is a mini starter which is what i want to put in my 72 Dart 340 4Sp Swinger. Does anyone know if it will just bolt in?

Too big ? in what dimension ? I have a full size starter in my fish with TTi's so maybe something isn't sitting right ? I have always been told to look for an 80s-90s dakota v8 starter someone here will know the years better than me or you could probably do a search here .
97 Dak 5.9 or so...

i have tried to install the mini starter... turns out it is a bit larger in circumference resulting in the starter resting against the exhaust (TTI). So i am back to replacing the starter with an original gear reduction starter which i can slide in but cannot access the terminals to install the nuts. just not quite enough room to put on the nuts. i tried installing the cable to the terminals on the starter first but then do not have enough room to twist and slide the starter into place as i do not get enough room. A possible fix is to relocate the terminals with one of those relocation kits ... but do you know if the relocation terminal kit also fits on to the original gear reduction starter?

thanks everyone... i broke down and dropped the exhaust and have installed a new gear reduction starter... back on the road!

-
Back