Mini tub almost done!

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Been really fun doing this. From inner to fender lip went from right at 12" to 15".
Picture058.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture055.jpg

One side looks better than the other. Never did a mini before using the old shells. Only did full tubs. Learned a few thing what NOT to do on the pass side. no huge patches to fill wild cutting. Never let a guy with ADD loose with a 4.5" grinder with a cutting wheel attached! :laughing:

Need to get busy on the relocation kit and figure out why my welder is acting like my PMSing ex... DOH!!!

Good job. It's gonna look great with the extra meat back there.

wishin I could work on my duster but got to wait for other house projects to be finished

Good looking work so far.I sure do wish i was that far along.Good luck with your spring relocation.

NIce Job i did the same thing about 12 years ago but i put tubs in mine. The factory tubs were to far gone to save. Here are a few pics of mine with 30x13.5x15 MT ET Streets on it.

000_0117.jpg

000_0088.jpg

000_0090.jpg

Matt, feel free to call or e-mail if you have any questions. Sometimes it's easier to explain over the phone than type out. That offer is open for anyone that would like to consult me. My opinion and ideas are worth less than you are going to pay. :lol:

Here are some updated pics of the trunk and interior areas after reattaching the trunk brackets and seam sealer applied.

Mini&

Picture064.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Where did you get seam sealer and what is it called/brand name?

A cool, thanks Blackace.

Hopeing to do some body work in a cpouple of months. No mini tubing, just some floor and rear 1/4 work.

Where did you get seam sealer and what is it called/brand name?

It' looks like brushable but it's the caulking tube set up from 3M - PN 08500

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-10383-12823.aspx

I got it from the local paint house and it was $13/tube

Used about 1.5 tubes and it's on pretty thick. If I was a bit chincy with it, I could have probably snuck by with 1 tube. Figured having too much was better than the alternative and a 30 mile drive back to the paint house.

I spread it with a wet finger or contoured paint stirring stick. Funny that it says spread with a wet finger, then under warnings, "Avoid contact with skin" Gee maybe spread with a gloved wet finger might be a better description on the tube. :thebirdm: :toothy10:

Thanks for the kind words. Here are few more pics at the track. Back when i built it, i had more time than money, so it was 2.5 years form a basket case to the finished product . and enjoying for the last 13 years.

Picture 107.jpg

Picture 108.jpg

Picture 109.jpg

that car was the back ground on my computer for a long time. its nice to no some body on here owns it.

-
Back