DSC_1016.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

That's about 15 hours work for a first timer.

I used a plasma cutter to cut around the floor and a cut off wheel to split the shell in half.

Very Well Done!

Are you installing frame ties? If so I would love to see these photos as well...

The car came with frame ties already in place. However I'm pretty sure I'm going to remove them and do it differently. If I do, I'll be posting pics.

The next big job in line is installing the spring relocation kit.

People come in and ask me for a mini-tub, and when I tell them a price, their jaw drops. They really have no idea to the extent of what needs to be done. Alot of work for just a mere two inches!! I see you used a plasma cutter. At first I used mine, but after about the sixth or seventh mini-tub, I switched to a fine toothed Sawzall blade in addition to a grinder with a thin wheel. The plasma torch leaves slag, and it needs to all be ground down, or your welds just bubble and pop. Now, you are ready for the big meats!!!!

I only used the plasma cutter to cut it loose:

DSC_1013.jpg

Once it was out I removed the flange with a cut off tool.

Looks good, Rick. I have a '70 Duster that I'm planning on doing this to so I appreciate the step by step photos. I noticed that you stated that it was "about 15 hours work for a first timer". Great. With my welding skills it should only take about four months...LOL!

Ray

I noticed that you stated that it was "about 15 hours work for a first timer". Great. With my welding skills it should only take about four months...LOL!

I checked the date on my posts. It looks like the whole job took just over a month and that was with working on it a little every day.

-
Back