Mini tubbing 67 dart convertible

-

CaesarConnor

Reaction score
I'm looking at mini tubbing along with spring relocation. The kits out there cut out the entire wheel tub at the fender and then welding the new filler piece there, but I was wondering if it would be possible to cut the tub down the middle and insert a filler in there. It avoids having to cut all of the braces etc that are near the outside. I would add frame connectors if required .

You cant mini tub a vert. Well you could but the top would never go down again.
If big tires is the want I have pics here somewhere of a vert with hideous looking flares on the fenders.

Thanks I guess I could go hemi dart route and cut out huge openings for the wheel wells but thats not my thing. So what gets in the way?. the arms for the top. I never lowered the top and the car is pretty much gutted so I can't look now

Beyond shaving the tops off the wells they also formed huge dimples/indentions in the rearward inner corners. All clearance for the top.

I did the spring relocate. Like RedFish said you need all the space for the top to fold down into the well area. If you have the right off set on the rear rims you can still get some tire under the car

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 201
Thanks to everybody. Returned all of the parts before I cut into anything. All because I didn't want to move the pads on the 8.8 ford I'm using.

IF you keep the stock height you should be able to go as wide as you want. The entire top sits above the top of the wells. Just make sure all the braces still fit...

Well... Seems as if somebody will need to go out with there camera, lower the top, see where the top lands, why the wells are dimpled, why that dimple will still need to be/begin in the same place and continue inward. Weigh this against how that dimple will interfere with a tire underneath ( although the oem tires don't hit it ).

The tub is generally for width (ride height can be adjusted as necessary). The wells can be widened another foot (nobody goes that wide) and the top will still go down IF the height of the well remains the same.

-
Back