• Town and Country

• Toyota Sienna

• Honda Odyssey

• Other

• Don’t do it man

• Just put one kid in the trunk

Results are only viewable after voting.
-
Tahoe is way better than anything with an imported name. I've never owned anything but Mopar since the 80s and jf I couldn't find a decent mopar product I think I would head there.
And no complaining about 20 year old 300k SUVs .. that describes our present Durango. It ain't leaving til we kill it... Even if that means pushing 400k..... 360 magnum.

Finally pulled the trigger and got a 2021 Pacifica. Twice my original budget, but I got an inheritance from my Dad passing and figured it was the best way to spend the money.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It needs to be under 10 years old, no compromise. My wife insists. I’m pretty sure she set that rule to keep me from going old Mopar.

Although old Mopar is better. No computer, No in the tank fuel pump. NO "Body Control Module" rendering a no start when the dome light does not comes on.

You know, they went backwards instead of forwards with the auto technology.

Here is a whole lot full of the new stock, with no starts heading for recycling.

Screenshot_20240204-183751_Gallery.jpg

10 - 4

☆☆☆☆☆

Finally pulled the trigger and got a 2021 Pacifica. Twice my original budget, but I got an inheritance from my Dad passing and figured it was the best way to spend the
Great choice!

We had a 2005 Grand Caravan that we bought new and it served us well for 18 years before we sold it after my daughter graduated High School. I’m sure it will continue serve the next owner well for many years to come.

Ignore the naysayers and enjoy the ride!

Great choice!

We had a 2005 Grand Caravan that we bought new and it served us well for 18 years before we sold it after my daughter graduated High School. I’m sure it will continue serve the next owner well for many years to come.

Ignore the naysayers and enjoy the ride!
Thank you so much, the wife is very happy, and that’s all that matters to me.

Although old Mopar is better. No computer, No in the tank fuel pump. NO "Body Control Module" rendering a no start when the dome light does not comes on.

Here is a whole lot full of the new stock, with no starts heading for recycling.

View attachment 1716202363

10 - 4

☆☆☆☆☆
My wife is 28, I couldn’t even begin to explain any of that to her, nor would she care if I could. She wants airbags, and Apple car play.

The van will be traded in on a new one in 3 years, right after the extended warranty ends. That will be the cycle until the kids are out of the house. If it craps out on the next guy, that’s not my problem.

Thank you so much, the wife is very happy, and that’s all that matters to me.
My wife was driving a 1996 Bronco 4x4 351 V8 before I got the Grand Caravan for her when she got pregnant. I wasn’t sure how she would take to it, but she absolutely loved it.

Even after we sold it last year and I bought her a fully loaded Lincoln MKX AWD to replace it, she kept comparing the Lincoln to the minivan and saying how much it did better in certain things and how much she missed it.

Of course, you couldn’t pry the MKX away from her now that she has gotten used to it, but it speaks volumes for how good the minivan was.

Enjoy!

My wife was driving a 1996 Bronco 4x4 351 V8 before I got the Grand Caravan for her when she got pregnant. I wasn’t sure how she would take to it, but she absolutely loved it.

Even after we sold it last year and I bought her a fully loaded Lincoln MKX AWD to replace it, she kept comparing the Lincoln to the minivan and saying how much it did better in certain things and how much she missed it.

Of course, you couldn’t pry the MKX away from her now that she has gotten used to it, but it speaks volumes for how good the minivan was.

Enjoy!
I was the one who really didn’t want the minivan, but you can’t beat the versatility. This thing has so much room and all the cup holders and charging ports. I’m a convert, I absolutely love it. Nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned hands down.

I had a 1996 Town and Country and loved it. I now have a 2020 Caravan and it's a piece of ****. As a matter of fact other than a SRT8 or Hellcat I just wouldn't buy another new Chrysler product. The paint jobs on the Rams are the worst I've ever seen. And don't take this lightly as I've been a Mopar guy since the 60's. Now I don't know about what a 2010 or so would be like but my advice would to look at a Honda, Toyota or a Subaru.
Red x again

I was the one who really didn’t want the minivan, but you can’t beat the versatility. This thing has so much room and all the cup holders and charging ports. I’m a convert, I absolutely love it. Nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned hands down.
Agreed. I didn’t think I would care for it much after having full sized pickup trucks but the capability really surprised me.

The Stow-N-Go seats were a game changer. I hauled more stuff in that van than I ever thought possible. 10 4x8 sheets of plywood fit in the back, no problem. I even once loaded 1000 lbs of concrete blocks in it and hauled it home without care. I just folded down the seats and laid out a big tarp to keep the debris contained and had at it.

3 days later, my wife took my daughter and 5 of her friends to the beach for the weekend and they all had a blast watching DVDs on the overhead screen while parking their drinks in the cup holders and charging their phones as they went…while their luggage sat way in the back out of their way.

People who have never owned a minivan and talk about them like they know…don’t.

We're in a car seat situation too (grand kids one is 3, his sister is 1-1/2. The trans died in the 01 Durango at 314k and we needed something bigger than reg cab pickup trucks in case we needed to haul both of them, we've done 1 or the other in my truck. I wish my 96 Dakota cab and a half had enough room in the back for their seats.
So we bought an 03 Durango. We've had since veterans Day, just hit 130k so we oughta have that one a good while. We've had the 01 for 11 years now. As soon as tax time comes I'm gonna buy the master overhaul kit and rebuild that 46re. That will be our spare, 3rd vehicle, the Dakota is getting crispy enough that unfortunately it needs to go. It's been such a good one for us ...
My only fear of the 03 is it's a 4.7 not a 360.
So far so good with it....
Had to put tires on (ones that were on it were 9 and 10 years old) front rotors for warp, and I just did a tuneup job on it yesterday.
Only other issue is it's going in Wed for a windshield, it had a small spot down low and last weekend in the biting cold it spread all the way from the lower 2" all the time up behind the rearview mirror. I watched it grow. It had a small crack from before I got it...
Absolutely will not own a Kia Hyundai Nissan Toyota or honduh. Not happenin. Not even if for free. Id take one for free but i would sell it in a heartbeat.

View attachment 1716202363

10 - 4

☆☆☆☆☆
That's why I have a project of an 85 d150 with a slant 6 of all things ... When they hit that red button and immobilizes everything else I can drive on by
Adding "factory AC" to it and doing some body work to it...
Waiting for my buddy's dad to sell his 95 Dodge B250 van, 1 owner, never out of the garage in winter from new....
I know a few people with pacificas and they like em... Good luck with that one.

That's a big change, We have our first due late march. I own 7 cars, and they are all 2-door vehicles. I'm daunted at the thought of going to a 4-door :lol:

That's a big change, We have our first due late march. I own 7 cars, and they are all 2-door vehicles. I'm daunted at the thought of going to a 4-door :lol:
Congratulations!

Screw the 4 door and go right for the van! I wish I would’ve done this 3 years ago. Are vans common down there?

Congratulations!

Screw the 4 door and go right for the van! I wish I would’ve done this 3 years ago. Are vans common down there?

My Wife has a 7 seater, Isuzu Mu-X which is a great family truckster, I just need something with rear doors.

Minivans are a thing here, not as common out bush where I am situated.

My most modern personal car is an '86 Nissan Pathfinder WD21, (2 door) which has room for a baby seat, just a pain to load the little tike I imagine!

mux.jpg

Buy a station wagon! But seriously, I was against the very same thing years ago. I bought a used T&C with a 3.3. Excellent engine, garbage transmission. If you get a Chrysler product mini, the transmission is usually the issue. Unless it's an old 3.0. Bad heads. I then bought an old 2001 Toyota Sienna. Worked flawless. My EX wife ended up with it and the transmission went out. ONLY because she did ZERO maintenance on it.
Honda Odysseys, the 1st generation had horrible transmission issues. Idk since then. I would stay away from Nissan... Trans are garbage.
Fords are junk and idk anything about GM.
Wish you luck. Pm me if you want anymore info. I inspected vehicles for 7 years for Manheim auto auction.
I have my own business on the side performing pre purchase for folks, so I have some info from looking over 1000s of cars.

-
Back