Miserly /6

-
I would think keeping the engine hot would be more of a benefit.

oh i see your thing said to cool... well depending on where you live and what radiator you have in maybe yes maybe no... one thing you could do it just run a good aluminum radiator with a big psi cap and run like a 195F thermostat...

also look at memike's thread about the jeep air box... the only thing i can see with that is a restriction... you want enough air filter surface area as not to restrict the engine = more efficient...

also keeping intake air cool...

At the bottom of the article he states,

"The end result was a great increase in performance at the expense of increased fuel consumption."

this being said you would also see improved fuel mileage if you drive conservatively. That is the whole idea behind this article.

I would also buy lightweight aftermarket wheels to help decrease total weight. Maybe a space saver tire or even no tire unless you are planning a long trip, and keep the clutter out of your car.

There are many driving tips to help improve you fuel mileage such as plan out your route so you are not speeding up or slowing down to change lanes etc. Leave 10 minutes early and enjoy the ride to you destination.
Avoid jackrabbit starts when you leave an intersection etc.

Had no idea the gasifier had been around so long. Reminds me of Doc's invention.

Attachments

• Mr Fusion.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 142
I am right there with you. I am bringing my 76 Dart Lite out of hibernation, as it gets better MPG then existing daily driver.

I plan on looking at just about every main component and see what I can do to make it more efficient, at minimal cost.

Plugs - quality, but take the time to dress the ground and index them towards the intake valve with indexing washers.
Wires - high quality aftermarket units, routed to avoid any arcing
Ignition - read up on HEI mod. It bypasses stock ignition box, ballast resistor, and goes to a premium ignition system.
Distributor - remove and clean, grease advance weights, run as much initial timing as possible.
Underbelly pan, from front bumper, to K member (at least) to help guide under car air flow under the K member.
ETC...

I have a budget to work with from selling a flip car. I am going to adjust brakes for minimal drag, repack wheel bearings (might as well while I am in there, synthetic grease), I have synthetic in trans and rear end....ETC.

The only thing that is off limits is major body modification. I am an enthusiast first, and environmentalist and economist (save gas, and save my wallet) 2nd.

I am right there with you. I am bringing my 76 Dart Lite out of hibernation, as it gets better MPG then existing daily driver.

I plan on looking at just about every main component and see what I can do to make it more efficient, at minimal cost.

Plugs - quality, but take the time to dress the ground and index them towards the intake valve with indexing washers.
Wires - high quality aftermarket units, routed to avoid any arcing
Ignition - read up on HEI mod. It bypasses stock ignition box, ballast resistor, and goes to a premium ignition system.
Distributor - remove and clean, grease advance weights, run as much initial timing as possible.
Underbelly pan, from front bumper, to K member (at least) to help guide under car air flow under the K member.
ETC...

I have a budget to work with from selling a flip car. I am going to adjust brakes for minimal drag, repack wheel bearings (might as well while I am in there, synthetic grease), I have synthetic in trans and rear end....ETC.

The only thing that is off limits is major body modification. I am an enthusiast first, and environmentalist and economist (save gas, and save my wallet) 2nd.

What plugs are you planning on running? I had been thinking E3 until I seen these plugs.

http://www.pulstar.com/index.htm

I haven't got that far yet, the car is under the deck out back, and we just got rain and snow, so back yard is a swamp.
One of the veterans in the /6 world swears by NGK, and has a specific number that he suggest for plugs, cap and rotor.

there are some good threads on the /6 Forum about using a GM v6 EFI system on the 225's I had seriously considered it.

there is a thread someone started about the E3 plugs... there a joke... as for the pulsars its an interesting idea but why pay the money for i little more spark when you can just buy an MSD blaster coil...

I would say use both to get the biggest benefit out of the plugs. So it's worth investigating further.

there are some good threads on the /6 Forum about using a GM v6 EFI system on the 225's I had seriously considered it.

I agree I keep reading them seems my brain can't grasp the ecm or a megasquirt program.

-
Back