Misrepresentation in the "for sale" section.

-
it isnt the pricing. it is that something was presented and described as something that it clearly wasnt. even the add contradicted itself. and there is even question to the validity if the item itself. all i can say is buyers do your homework and be aware of possible false intrepretations by the sellers. its possible the seller is not even aware of some details, but clearly it was misreprestented. i understand in this day and age and the ever increasing value of our mopar stuff that people are trying to get out of ,what they have in to their items, but that doesnt necessarily mean that is what they are worth. but again , its only worth what someone is willing to pay

Yea I found that ad now.......something fishy and I don't mean barracuda or goldfish....I'd want to see the vin on other locations of that, and I do ponder why the underside of the hood is not clean and ready for paint? why rusting at front edge of fender? who would bondo over the holes for the emblems on a car like that? wouldnt a car like that have torque boxes? I missed all the comments that were removed....what are the other locations for the vin?
it isnt the pricing. it is that something was presented and described as something that it clearly wasnt. even the add contradicted itself. and there is even question to the validity if the item itself. all i can say is buyers do your homework and be aware of possible false intrepetations of sellers. its possible the seller is not even aware of some details, but clearly it was misreprestented.

As long as its dishonesty not a matter of interpretation of condition. Does excellent condition mean show worthy? To me its debatable and the buyer should ask questions and for pics. An honest seller will send more pics and answer your questions. Just don't buy something blindly on one photo and a one word description then call the guy out in a thread because you didn't do your homework...My .02 cents!

I posted a request looking for Dutra Duals/Modified Stock Manifold in the parts wanted section. Over the past month 2 different responses were received via direct email, both from the UK. I suspect both are scams. A websearh on the personnal information took me to Pelican Parts blog were the same address under a different name was identified in a scam. I asked for numerous images, that I described, to attempt to verify the parts actually existed and were physically in possession. Seems that was too hard and some snippy responses were received. It certainly did not "feel right"' so I passed. The other victim got snookered out of $1200 sent by Western Union with a follow-up request for $450 to cover the Value Added Tax (VAT) in the UK. Glad I got out early but the follow-up contact from a different UK entity that a websearch on the address/name showed as a scam verifies my concerns.

Data for both is provided below. Buyer Beware.

Full Names: William Palmer
Address: 30 Liverpool Old Road, Much Hoole, Preston, Lancashire PR4
5JQ, United Kingdom.

email : [email protected]

Name: Oscar Riley
20 Eastbourne Terrace, W2 6LE, UK and My phone#: +447448433246

email: [email protected]

As a follow-up to my recent post about UK scam. The info on the latest attempt is as follows:

Name : Ivan Holland

Ivan Holland
30 Liverpool Old Road, Much Hoole, Preston, Lancashire PR4 5JQ, United Kingdom.

Email: [email protected]

Note that the Name given does not match the email used. Guess they fail to use spell check. BE VERY CAREFUL.

-
Back