Misrepresentation in the "for sale" section.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
If someone is clearly not being honest in their description do we owe it to the FABO family to mention it or not?

What's your opinion?

Sure... As a perspective buyer, I would appreciate knowing what other members feel is wrong with the sellers description of the car. Others may find things wrong with it that I might not see.

i would say in a pm
whos says who ever is 100% right
maybe this seller thinks he right
but than again read the rules

Dishonesty in any form is unacceptable. dishonesty is just another word for liar.
Tell the world, as long as you are positive you are correct.

First I would pm the seller as suggested earlier. Express that you feel it's being misrepresented and why. It could be an honest error. If not then by all means call the seller out.

Crapp....I'm not allowed an opinion on this am I? whatever you do,,,do it in a constructive manner

I'm with old man ray. Could be an honest error. But if the seller is notified of problem and they tell ya to kick rocks......then hang em!

Let them know; but keep in mind that it is easy to miss something on a car. I am sure they would correct their ad when they find out they made a mistake.

Being new to this site and the Mopar world I rely on the knowledge and honesty of the members here. If someone ( newbie ) gets screwed then they would more than likely leave this site and tell what happened to their friends and it would hurt the reputation of this site and it's members. I for one love this site and all of the information I get from reading it's post.

I would contact the seller to cofirm honest mistake or flim flam...first. If "flim flam" SHOUT IT OUT !!

Crapp....I'm not allowed an opinion on this am I? whatever you do,,,do it in a constructive manner

Oh so we tell em we are constructing a baseball bat to beat them with if its not changed. Hence constructive. You could also report the post by hitting the little triangle on the bottom left.Explain whats wrong and let a moderator decide if it needs to be pulled if its a severe misrepresentation.

I think it's our responsibility to expose dishonest folks to protect others from getting taken advantage of [kinda like the better busness folks]. I personally try my very best to discribe items as they are and provide photos.

Yeah; I know the ad you are talking about.Everyone has their opinion of what something is worth.To a person that has the ability to spin straw into gold will always come out on top.But the person that must pay to have it done,it's worth less.To the guy's that expect someone else to protect them from any mistakes they might make-Good Luck.Please let's use some common sense on this.We really don't need to police parts prices or car prices,they are worth exactly what two people agree to-not a whole community.

I'm trying to be good!!! I'm not to crazy about overpriced stuff or misrepresented stuff.....most people Love my prices and are seemingly very happy about the descriptions..... So i'll just continue to treat people the way I want to be treated.....:glasses7:
It's been done before.

-
Back