Missile's minitub

-

blue missile

Reaction score
I have also posted this in restorations but I will keep the individual forums informed as well.
Here are the progress pics so far from the initial clean up to the end of the welding, I still have to grind down the welds and recoat the interior of the wheel wells.
What are you guys goin back with? Undercoating or say POR-15? I know paint wont last long.
Andrew

minitub prep.jpg

minitub #2.jpg

minitub#3.jpg

minitub #4.jpg

minitub #5.jpg

minitub #6.jpg

minitub #7.jpg

minitub #8.jpg

minitub #9.jpg

You may want to consider one of the spray-in bed liner products or Lizard Skin, perhaps (wheel wells, underside, trunk and interior). Those products will have instuctions on exactly how the surface should be prepped. Minitubs look great, well done.
ED

Petty,
Thanks for asking.
When I had the original car I was running M-50s which would stick out of the body and throw water and mud everywhere. It always rains in Miami.
I want to run the same size tires on the rear and will be using the street lynx system so I won't have leaf springs to get in the way. Minitubbing seemed vary applicable here.
Andrew

Nice work, looks great. Definately use one of those spay on bed liner products. A friend of mine used one and it is some awesome stuff.

-
Back