Missing Clip on Side View mirror remote?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, is there a clip that belongs on the end of the side view mirror inside the car? I have the bezel that screws on the end but its still wont stay in place. If there is, is this something i can order?

Thanks
Ryan

IMG_20180825_112956.jpg

Yes flat spring clip keeps threaded part in place to put nut on.

Are you saying that the 2 parts #1 go on the threaded section of the inside remote, then are inserted into the door from the inside of the door, then the 2 parts #2 are screwed on to secure it to the door?

I may have to take mine apart some day!

Capture.JPG

Thanks, so now my question is. Can I buy this part without buying a whole new mirror? If so where?

Can I buy this part without buying a whole new mirror? If so where?
Search here and on FABO for cars being parted out. Might get lucky

try wrecking yards there is one here in northern CO that has many 60-70s mopar I'm sure some would have the remote mirror? and its a pick your part so for a few dollars you might get lucky. Might be a long drive for you:) depending on where you are.

See if you can find the manufacturer of the aftermarket remote mirror and contact them directly to see about getting a replacement nut and clip

Take mirror to an Ace type hwd store (the ones that have the trays of misc parts that Home Depot doesn't have) and see what you can find that will work. and make your own clip with the help of someone sending you a detailed photograph.

Good luck

There's a square retaining clip made of spring steel that sits behind the door to hold the mirror cable. I'm trying to find a picture for you....

Here's a picture of what you need.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back