HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
10801754_10153009325354857_5126780868088041947_n.jpg
[/FONT]

So true!

I had a bunch of regulars that I would shovel every storm before school. Times have changed.

I think it was "Parental Entitlement" that caused it, had to have $money$ to buy the stuff....hey Dad, Mom can you buy me this ? Didn't see it coming

it will be my kids soon (too young now)
regardless of what some "americans" might try to tell you my house is NOT a welfare state

About these kids, they've probably already become just as fat and lazy like their lazyasshippyparents who can't be bothered to shovel the snow on their own lawn anymore... :twisted:

those kids are still around. i have quite a few friends that pay local kids to shovel their driveway..

i'm not so close to a development so i don't get any kids at my house to do it but thats why i have a 20 year old.. he can do it..lol

I used to get them knockin on my door, I haven't seen a kid do it around here in 15 years. We had nearly 20" of snow the other day, man, when I was young, I was cleaning up on that deal.

It's funny and sad at the same time.

A friend and I were just talking about that last night. We mowed lawns, raked leaves, shoveled snow, bucked bales, picked up pop bottles, washed and waxed cars, and anything else we could do to make money. Best part of it, we looked at it as something fun. But, that was a long time ago.

Quit when they found out their Chineese shovels wouldn't last a complete driveway. And real ones are too heavy anyway.

About these kids, they've probably already become just as fat and lazy like their lazyasshippyparents who can't be bothered to shovel the snow on their own lawn anymore... :twisted:

not sure what part of the Netherlands your from but where I grew up we never bothered to shovel the snow off the lawn...only off the drive way :D

I found them. This generation of kids grew up and are now here building A-bodies! And most of them are still out daily earning money so they can play with their toys!

I found them. This generation of kids grew up and are now here building A-bodies! And most of them are still out daily earning money so they can play with their toys!

Ding ding ding, by golly I think you've got it. :D

I used to love the snow, I had a regular customer list when it snowed I was shoveling, I did it right through my teen years.

not sure what part of the Netherlands your from but where I grew up we never bothered to shovel the snow off the lawn...only off the drive way :D

Westcoast/The Hague.
No-one has a driveway here in town. We mainly have sidewalks.
We hardly get any snow here, but if we do, most people just clean off their cars.
Some ofcourse just casually wipe the snow of one or two windows and head off on their marry way with fogged windows...

been to the "residentie" several times
(love going to the visafslag in schevening for some fresh kibbeling)
born and raised in Noord Brabant I don't remember more then one or two snowdays when school was closed

my parents still live there and dad has been talking about having to clean the driveway but there is plenty of room in the garage so at least the cars are nice and dry in the morning

In Louisiana it"s a time for celebrating, kids are all excited to see snow!!! Not a common thing in south Louisiana.

Don't see them here in Eastern Washington......of course when record setting highs are around snow is sorta out of the question

Kids are now buying houses in my neighborhood and paying me to blow their snow. I'm glad they have lots of disposable income- makes me smile! Actually, what is really funny is that I've been asked to come early so they can get to the gym.

I did it when i was younger. Used a shovel didn't have snow blower. Bought beer and other goodies.

Too funny - I was telling my 14 year old son how as kids we used to go around all day and pick up aluminum cans....just to get a few bucks. He didn't believe it...like LITERALLY thinks I made it up.

Too funny - I was telling my 14 year old son how as kids we used to go around all day and pick up aluminum cans....just to get a few bucks. He didn't believe it...like LITERALLY thinks I made it up.

I can believe it, my kids thought I made stuff up all the time.

I'm right here. I look a little different now, but I mowed yards, raked leaves, shoveled snow, painted houses, and made hay in high school. I even had an Atari, but I didn't let it consume me.

I have a young protege Joseph (20) who has been hangin out around my shop for about 2 years now. He loves to learn all things mechanical. He will show up here sometimes out of the blue to clean out my gutters or blow the leaves from the yard. And yes he has shoveled the driveway a few times also. For FREE. He knows how to put back all the tools in the shop and keep it reasonably clean. He calls me once in a while to ask if the lift bay is open, so he can do a side job or work on his own stuff. He showed up here yesterday a 8am since I invited him to Breakfast, which I cook. Afterwards he came out to the shop with me to help re install the transmission in my 92 Ram Cummins Truck. Great young man. I love him. Always here when I need a hand. And.. He works part time for a roofer and part time for a commercial blasting co. And.... goes to Community College. I'm teaching him about finance and investing right now.

-
Back