Missing in action

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I know I haven't been around as much as I should be, and I apoligise for it. I do pop in, but haven't been posting much, as I just can't seem to have any ...I don't know how to put it. I haven't done anything to my car, or much of anything else related to it, in the last 6 to 8 months.
But there have been things going on with my Grandfather that has put being here not a priority. He passed on to a better place yesterday afternoon.
This man was my hero! He was more of a father to me than my own.
He was so into helping others, and was always busy. Up until last year, at 90 years old he had more motivation, and could work circles around any of the younger generations. His mind was so sharp but his body just couldn't take anymore, and it pissed him off that his body wouldn't let him do what he wanted, or had to do. He called himself the pain in the ***, when he had to ask for help from anyone else, and he found it difficult to ask for help. He would rather have done it himself and not be a burdon to anyone, as he put it. On the other hand he was always asking if he could help out in any way, to help his family, or friends.
Up untill yesterday he was still making jokes, and his favorite past time was making my wife turn a bright shade of red. He said if he was a little younger he would be giving me a run for my money. Until his wife past 14 years ago, At the age of 76 he was wearing the carpet out between his and his wifes room.
I'm gonna miss the "Old Man" as he use to call himself.

Mopower, I am sorry to hear of the passing of your grandfather. He sounds like an old school guy's guy (which I can relate to). It's interesting how some people fill multiple roles in your life. Just feel lucky to have him in your life. Growing up without grandfathers makes me wonder what it would have been like so again, feel good that you had such a good man in your life. Hope to see you a round a little more.

Sorry for your loss. But it does sound like he enjoyed every day of his 90 years. We should all be so lucky.

He sounds just like my grandpa did...and my grandpa could walk on water!

Just remember to celibrate his life and if you get a bit down, try to remember something crazy that he did.

He may be gone but you still have the memories. I toast mine every Feb.14th on his birthday with his favorite drink... a shot of rum with a Folgers Instant Coffee chaser. He would have been 118.

Very sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. Condolences to you and yours.

Continue his legacy and pass it on. That'll make him proud. :angel5:

You're a lucky man to have had as much time as you did with such a great guy. My condolences.

Both my grandfathers passed before I was born.

I just wish my kids could have had more time with him. He had 7 great grand kids from 21 down to 2 years old. My two year old probably won't remember him as much, but the "Old Man" was down on the floor playing with her a few weeks ago.

Sorry for your loss. We should all be so lucky to have a Grand Pa like that. We should all strive to be just like him. Craig

Norm, it sounds like you had quite the role model there, much the same as I had with both my Grandpa's. Carry on the legacy and pass his memory on to your kids, even though they might not remember much of him personally.

Sorry to hear of this. Terrible this is. However, your doing right by him by remembering him at his best doing his best. Very lucky of you to have "The old man" playing with the babys. A wonderful thing that is.

Hey bud, come roud when ya can, post if ya want, this cyber life can wait. Theres better things to do than type away helping others with the hobby.

sorry for your loss. my grandfather too was a great individual. take your time with your bereavement.

Sorry to hear about your loss Norm sounds like your Grandfather was a great guy,i never knew mine he passed a few years before i was born and i wish i could have known him.
I am very close to my Gram and like your Grandfather she gets mad at herself because her body doesn't let her do what she wants to do anymore,we almost lost her about a month ago thanks to her idiot Dr. but now she is doing pretty good and hope she will be around for a few more years yet but i know her time is limited she will be 98 this year!

-
Back