MMMMMMM chicken noodle soup

-
Last week my dad popped by work with a large container of chicken soup loaded with Matzah balls from a local Jewish deli.... oooh that was fine!

Grant

Yup, no doubt, but it can be hard to find chickennoodles to make soup with! :-D

All growing up, I was known as something of a matzo ball master. Even my very Jewish, very Noo Yawk high school geometry teacher thought so. Getting them right is not difficult, but it's something of an art; they're easy to get wrong -- too heavy like lead weights, too light so they fly apart and turn the soup into sludge, too bland.

Y'wanna break a stereotype? My Jewish mother was generally a very good cook, but she couldn't make chicken soup. Sincerely! We all regretted it the few times she tried. It came out like dishwater or worse. I'm still not sure what she was doing wrong; it's almost harder to screw up chicken stock than to make it well.

("Mmm," said the man after his first taste of matzo ball soup, "these matzo balls are delicious! What other part of the matzo do you Jews eat?") :toothy10:

I had a bowl for lunch. Then I fell asleep and didn't wake up till 3:30. (I caught a cold a couple days ago and pretty much feel like homemade dog poop today) Mike

I had a bowl for lunch. Then I fell asleep and didn't wake up till 3:30. (I caught a cold a couple days ago and pretty much feel like homemade dog poop today) Mike

I'm not normally one to comment on others eating habits, but a bowl of homemade chicken soup is far more tastier than a bowl of homemade dog poop.

Grant

I'm not normally one to comment on others eating habits, but a bowl of homemade chicken soup is far more tastier than a bowl of homemade dog poop.

Grant

It hurts to laugh but I did. I stayed home today still feeling rotten. Soup is on the menu today.

-
Back