Model car kit

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will see what I can come up with for you on Sunday. I'm sure Modelhouse has some resin promo parts for the GTX that you could use on the Roadrunner.

Another option would be to search evilbay for a broke or damaged promo and use it to convert the ertl 68 Roadrunner. I wouldn't recommend using a nice promo since they go for big money but you can sometimes find one for parts at a reasonable price. This is how most resin kits and parts are made.

Is this Modelhouse a website?Cant find anything on them.But i am searching
resins now and finding a lot of other outfits i had not before.

The 68 GTX is totally different than a 69. The grill, interior, side trim, tail panel are all different. You could use them if you didn't care if it was accurate.
quote]

I said some tweaking would need to be done, wasn't meaning a box stock build but the two kits would have a great starting point. I have never known resin to be complete kits anyway so you would still need some goodies. I too have been building and collecting for over 30 years and have scratch built many things that I have needed.

Thanks sixpack. Its a little dusty.

Yea, you would have a start but I myself am too lazy now that I got older to put that much work into a model, I'd rather work on my real ones and it is so much easier to just buy a resin kit or resin parts to complete my builds now. Although I haven't completed a model in several years since my garage is heated. Cars use to be summer time and my models were winter time projects.

Don has a lot of complete resin kits, extremely nice quality also. He has a 67 Barracuda coupe and conv available and they are great looking pieces. Jimmy Flinstone does a few complete kits as well.

That is a good looking RR to by the way.

Is this Modelhouse a website?Cant find anything on them.But i am searching
resins now and finding a lot of other outfits i had not before.

I misspelled the name. It is actually Modelhaus, a take on his actual name "Don Holthaus"

I went to his website www.modelhaus.com and I didn't see any 68 GTX parts but that don't mean he don't have them, I've been told he has some stuff that he won't sell unless he knows you. I know a lot of people in this hobby, I will talk to a few of them this weekend and see what I can come up with. A friend of mine Mark McNeese is a big collector/dealer who has over 10,000 pieces and also makes a lot of resin parts as well and if it is still available, he will know where to find it.

Yea, you would have a start but I myself am too lazy now that I got older to put that much work into a model, I'd rather work on my real ones and it is so much easier to just buy a resin kit or resin parts to complete my builds now. Although I haven't completed a model in several years since my garage is heated. Cars use to be summer time and my models were winter time projects.

Don has a lot of complete resin kits, extremely nice quality also. He has a 67 Barracuda coupe and conv available and they are great looking pieces. Jimmy Flinstone does a few complete kits as well.

I misspelled the name. It is actually Modelhaus, a take on his actual name "Don Holthaus"

I went to his website www.modelhaus.com and I didn't see any 68 GTX parts but that don't mean he don't have them, I've been told he has some stuff that he won't sell unless he knows you. I know a lot of people in this hobby, I will talk to a few of them this weekend and see what I can come up with. A friend of mine Mark McNeese is a big collector/dealer who has over 10,000 pieces and also makes a lot of resin parts as well and if it is still available, he will know where to find it.

Thanks Blownfish!!I appreciate it!!

Thanks Blownfish. I have a passion for model building. I just dont have the time right now while working on other projects.

I found out it is either Bandit Resins or Reliable Resin that has the conversion kit for the 68, nobody knew off hand their contact info but I was told that they have seen them on Evilbay from time to time. I'm sure if you do a search for them it will pop up.

I found out it is either Bandit Resins or Reliable Resin that has the conversion kit for the 68, nobody knew off hand their contact info but I was told that they have seen them on Evilbay from time to time. I'm sure if you do a search for them it will pop up.

Thanks Blownfish,i'm on it!

looking for a new 68 gtx model car kit.dont know if they ever made one,i see nothing new available as of now but if someone has one lying around or would know where to find one?thanks.

plymouth horizon tc-3

b

95 dodge viper rt/10

s

69 plymouth gtx h/t

s

92 dodge viper rt/10 red

s

41 plymouth coupe

b

78 dodge joker goon car

s