-

tooslow

Reaction score
512 BB
elec fans
water pump
EFI
MSD
Lots of rec on the internet. The toyota is 60amps,to small, Powermaster ,fails i am stranded.
ect...
using a standard mopar alt now and 1000 amp bat

I think there is a higher output Denso (aka Toyota Alternator).

Honestly I'm a fan a of the Ford 3g Alternator but have never fitted on to a Mopar, but have on everything from 2300 to 460 Fords.

If you want (a lot) better low RPM output you need to go to a "various" Denso. and make sure you haven't shot yourself in the pulley by using wrong pulley ratios that slow it way down.

512 BB
elec fans
water pump
EFI
MSD
Lots of rec on the internet. The toyota is 60amps,to small, Powermaster ,fails i am stranded.
ect...
using a standard mopar alt now and 1000 amp bat

I searched around for an alternator with a high idle amp, and found the vast majority of Mopar style and Denso alternators don't put out a lot of low idle amperage.

I finally found that the CS 144. I bought a rewound version with a heavy duty Bridge Rectifier (the component that changes the alternators output from AC to DC).

Low idle output for the upgraded CS 144 is around 110 amps with fast idle output around 200 amps. Obviously you will need to upgrade your connecting harness to handle that many amps

Note, I'm running an under alternator Sanden A/C pump, so my belt routing is different to accommodate that.

It cured my low idle issues, pretty much bolts right in with a few minor modifications and looks good. Here's a link to the high quality US Made parts.

A270, Conversion Bracket, Delco to Chrysler Alternator

CS144 Series 200 Amp Standard Duty Single Rectifier Alternator

IMG_2602.JPG

Last edited:
The only alternator that fit a small block properly WAS the Mechman sold by Flaming River. I asked the Flaming River at SEMA why they were discontinued. The representative had no idea what I was even talking about. My guess it was $700. I have one and it's perfect and the only unit that is 4.25" deep.

I searched around for an alternator with a high idle amp, and found the vast majority of Mopar style and Denso alternators don't put out a lot of low idle amperage.

I finally found that the CS 144. I bought a rewound version with a heavy duty Bridge Rectifier (the component that changes the alternators output from AC to DC).

Low idle output for the upgraded CS 144 is around 110 amps with fast idle output around 200 amps. Obviously you will need to upgrade your connecting harness to handle that many amps

Note:(I'm running an under alternator Sanden A/C pump, so my belt routing is different to accommodate that.

It cured my low idle issues, pretty much bolts right in with a few minor modifications and looks good. Here's a link to the high quality US Made parts.

A270, Conversion Bracket, Delco to Chrysler Alternator

CS144 Series 200 Amp Standard Duty Single Rectifier Alternator

View attachment 1715908144

-
Back