Modern Spare Tire Fitment

-

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of a modern day car spare tire that would fit a 4.5" bolt pattern and have correct offset for disc brakes?

I'm talking about a skinny tire, narrow rim style of spare.

I don't have room in my spare tire well due to a modification I made.

Input?

Toyota Venzas spare tires are 18" 5x114.3 with a 165/90/18.Not sure on rim width but they are skinny.i can check later for you.Tire is obviously to tall but rim might work for ya.

I do know that stratus/breeze/cirrus wheels fit on a smblt pattern dart[4"] and the intrepids fit the bigger pattern[4.5]

I can tell you that I can NOT fit a full size spare tire in the tirewell of my 08 charger

A ford escape spare wheel will work. 17" 5x4.5 and a 2.83" hub register (ours is 2.8", IIRC).

The tire will be too tall.

So, this:
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Mercury-Mariner-Mini-Compact-Donut-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Tire-17x4-/321299988873?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEscape&hash=item4acef8c189&vxp=mtr"]2007 Mercury Mariner Mini Compact Donut Space Saver Spare Wheel Amp Tire 17x4 | eBay[/ame]

with a tire like a 125-70-17. These are common on Scion TCs and probably some other models.

I know the space saver spare from a 96 Towncar fits my car.
I don't know it will fit whatever disc brake assemblies you have.

I found mine from a 88 Diplomat/Grand Fury/ RWD New Yorker.
Fits great in the "A" spare tire well with a nice flat floor.
73-up mopar front disc brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 192
The brakes on fatty are Wilwood 13" up front and 12" in back....I'm trying to find one type that fits both ends.

I'm probably wishing for a golden goose but someone else has had to come down this road before....

The brakes on fatty are Wilwood 13" up front and 12" in back....I'm trying to find one type that fits both ends.

I'm probably wishing for a golden goose but someone else has had to come down this road before....

the escape wheel should work for that. 17" wheel should clear 13" brakes.

-
Back