Modified 1/18 Diecast Mopars

-
Not yet. I built the engine and wheels over a year ago but it's stuck in
the "paint & body" stage. Maybe this winter.

Now go over to Yellow Bullet and hit me back.

I hope I didn't upset you with my link in my other thread, it was just for the little boy nothing more. Sorry if I have caused a problem here, I hope not.

Some '63 Dodge 330 variations

TWHTBLK1_zpsf314be43.jpg

TWHTBLK2_zpsa870e910.jpg

TTT1_zps15f2ce44.jpg

TTT3_zps2f1063b5.jpg

TREDHDR1_zps06c4d6a3.jpg

TREDHDR3_zpsd2530130.jpg

DEFCON4T_zps985ddb8e.jpg

DEFCON3T_zpse66ff59b.jpg

DEFCON2T_zpsb5c33ca8.jpg

DEFCON1T_zpsedc2a321.jpg

P1010010T_zps9726baee.jpg

P1010018T_zpsb8c79dc2.jpg

TWHTDD2_zps9bc8f24c.jpg

TWHTDD3_zpsf6afb13f.jpg

39210_zps6f116ed0.jpg

3921_zpsecb83d47.jpg

T330burnoutT_zps5392cbdd.jpg

I hope I didn't upset you with my link in my other thread, it was just for the little boy nothing more. Sorry if I have caused a problem here, I hope not.
???? Lost me there.

I starting posting on Lite Wt's Dart thread on Yellow Bullet so I noticed
that you were on there. He and we were the only car trailers at our hotel
for the Hemi reunion last weekend.

I mentioned you in the thread and you better go look at it and see who
spent all Saturday afternoon with Denny, Weeb and I.

Oh, ok my bad I thought I did something wrong and you were bouncing me off. So much easier when talking to people than reading what's written. lol

Just dismiss my pm.
Sorry for the confusion.

John I know it's getting a little late in the evening but that would be Classracer you were posting in not the Bullet. lol

Seems we are all getting a little confused these days. Damn I hate getting old.

I sure wish I could have been there with you guys, I know I missed out on an awsome time.

thx for the links,checked em out on ebay too my wife bout had heart failure when she seen the prices

One of the 1/18 scale super bees I built for my son for Christmas. Yes it works

Attachments

• DSC02008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC02010.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC02011.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 376
Neat. My brother was working on putting one of those Muscle Machine motors
in the back of a Nylint Econoline pickup to make a wheelstander truck.

I took a brand new HWY-61 1964 Dodge Polara out of the box, a new Supercars injected 426 Hemi
(from their altered wheelbase AFX cars) out of the package, a new GMP gasser/altered wheel set out
of the package (had to replace the way too tiny front tires with some from a Maisto 63 Dodge 330 -
perfect fit), a B+M Pro-Shifter from Corrupted Diecast and unwrapped a new set of my own scratch-
built all metal exhaust headers.

I disassembled the car and after sizing up the rear tires I performed a standard "mini-tub" trimming
on the inside of the rear wheel wells then cut the ends of the axle housing and drilled it straight through
for a straight steel axle rod. The rear springs were relocated inside of the frame rails. The rear wheels
& tires fit perfectly for width and diameter and rotate nicely while giving the car a perfect stance.

Up front, the springs were removed allowing the ride height to be set by adjusting the screws that go
straight up through the lower control arms. I made adapter hubs for the front wheels out out aluminum
hobby tubing.

Since the new engine/trans combo was a 727 Torqueflite instead of the A833 4-speed the car came with
I removed the clutch pedal and replaced the manual shifter with the B+M Pro-Shifter unit.

I had assumed that the engine swap would be fall down easy but that was not the case as I discovered
that although the front motor mounts were the same the trans was a little shorter and more importantly
the oil pan was humungous.....which would not have been a problem in it's original intended home in a
car with AFX front suspension (K-member and upper control arm mounting points moved drastically
forward).

After breaking for lunch and an official pondering session I considered cutting the oil pans from the two
motors loose and swapping them (the injected motor's pan was molded in concert with the trans housing)
but the light shined on me during my after-meal repose and I remembered what they did on the real cars
(I should have a welt on my forehead from smacking it!). I was able to drill a cross hole in the pan for the
drag link and notched the K-member for the front part of the oil pan to clear.

Finally reassembled she looks beautiful and sits sweet. I'm satisfied with the result but like a lot of my built
cars it will eventually be destined for eBay as most other cars on this thread. Inquire if you wish.

eBay%20new%202%20005_zpsqo854m3e.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20012_zpsqm8b0u4s.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20023_zpstvafauta.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20021_zpsm5r8jvid.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20006_zpsc52vslse.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20018_zpsojevh705.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20013_zpsfw1nxie2.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20019_zpshswausl6.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20017_zpsyxp3itjv.jpg

eBay%20new%202%20008_zps1vbwefj7.jpg

How much to have you modify a 68 dart to look exactly like mine ?
I get asked that question a lot but I do not do any painting or cosmetics.

If I had a good picture I might be able to assist you but as in the other cars posted
here I only work in the areas of chassis, wheels/tires and powertrain modifications.

I used to know a few guys who would paint, add trim & vinyl tops, change interiors etc.
I do not know anyone who could afford them ($500 and up).

-GAWD the details you can get with 1:18th scale...........I'ma stickler for details and let me tell ya I get right into it on the 1:25th and 1:24th scales.....

ALL these look AWESOME!

since he started this thread....Old Man Mopar is MIA around the shop.

Scruffs is pissed....Bro John is his bud.
(I can take him or leave him) :)

OMM,
Where do you get your valve cover decals? OR do they come on them when you get the model?

-
Back