Monday ! home alone and cooking again

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well it's been a while for me to enjoy some cooking and these nice Kentucky
Bass are ready to be cooked , I let them set in a salt water and peanut oil bath for 24 hours and then froze them ( I know!! But I did not have time to cook them fresh) but today is the day and I was going to do these on the grill, but no charcoal on the hill :banghead: so in the oven they go..

I am going to try this for the first time, my ingredients are in the pictures :D

We will see :toothy9:

Attachments

• ThanksGiving Bass feast 003.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 183
  • ThanksGiving Bass feast 012.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2012 december 023.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2012 december 021.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 182
I microwave'ed the onions first!!!

Looks great Mike!!! Wish I had some.......:D

We will see if they turn out good, I seen this recipe on line, beer and butter and other herbs :D They are in the oven as I type :blob:

Isn't that an awful lot of fish for just one guy? I'll grab my coat and be there as fast as I can to help out :D

Isn't that an awful lot of fish for just one guy? I'll grab my coat and be there as fast as I can to help out :D

Becareful if Mike answers the door wearing a kitchen apron that says "Kiss the Cook"

LMAO!!!! :D

Music is on so it drowns out the washing machine, It's nice to have Treva out of the house :D I bet she is happy to be out also :joker:

Yes it is, heck that was just half the fillets :D
As you can see the big one was over 5 1/2 lbs :cheers:
I have a retired old fart coming over at 12:30 to enjoy getting out of the city.

I just pulled them out and they are very close to being dun.
so back in they go, these filets are about 1''thick and they are smelling great :happy1:

Attachments

• 2012 december 024.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 2012 december 025.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 152
Becareful if Mike answers the door wearing a kitchen apron that says "Kiss the Cook"

LMAO!!!! :D
LMAO!! come on in there is plenty, it don't take long to cook this good fresh fish :D If the old fart asks for a side plate I will hand him a frosted mug and say make this do, he is a grouchy olf fart some times..

Looks good Mike....................I'll be right over! LOL I'll bring a big pot of Safron rice. tmm Enjoy the feast bud!

No "Kiss the Cook" apron??

Not anywhere here Ink :D

Looks good Mike....................I'll be right over! LOL I'll bring a big pot of Safron rice. tmm Enjoy the feast bud!
Wow!! I may have time :banghead: no, he will be here soon and it
will do, this old fart that is on his way here has diabetes and this will do him well.
That does sound good as a side plate or just lay the bass on top of :cheers:

Welp!! it is dun and taste's great :cheers: falling apart and nice and white
I am enjoying some finger food as I type, why would anyone fry the fish
when it taste soooo good this way, and healthier for us :D

Got to remember this beer and herbs baked Bass :happy1:

Attachments

• 2012 december 027.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 161
:D If the old fart asks for a side plate I will hand him a frosted mug and say make this do...

Pour the beer and spices the bass was baked in into that frosty mug - that can be his side plate. LOL

I always that your name was Mike but I am starting to think that it is Martha Stewart?? LOL

=o Looks good! Share?
It turned out real good, get up here and have some Mel :D

Pour the beer and spices the bass was baked in into that frosty mug - that can be his side plate. LOL
LMAO!! He is driving up the drive way know
so I got to go before he get up the drive way , good idea if he starts complaining :D

Makes me want to tear some salmon up!
yes , same here, I love Salmon :cheers:

I always that yopur name was Mike but I am starting to think that it is Martha Stewart?? LOL

Always cooked, Grandma and I did all the cooking, at 9 I could make gravy :D

GOT TO GOOOOOOOOO !! :burnout:

Damn it looks good, now I'm hungry and it's only 10:30 over here on the west coast.

In the words of Red Green- If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!! Enjoy your meal

Looks great, I'd dine on fish anytime, nice of you to share a home cooked meal with a lonely friend.

Now it is supper time :cheers: Yumm!! had another plate and a few :drinkers:
Dang that was good \\:D/ I want another plate !! :blob:
But Treva said save me one :banghead:
I guess I have had enough :sad2:

What a great day, 70 degrees outside and needed a cooler on December 3rd this year :drinkers:

This is gone now VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.

Attachments

• 2012 december 028.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 102
Man Mike that looks good if you are ever down in florida you gotta come make me some of that it looks delicious. If only they had smellovision cause Im sure it smells good

It does/and did... Treva has the last fillet in the microwave as I type now!
So it worked out great, feed 3 people and one of them twice (Me) :D

-
Back