Money ≠ sense

-
damn, dropped my cell phone.....oh crap, look out for the bird, time to put this baby in the drink.....what a dumbass.....

If your willing to spend that kind of money on a car, your probably not all that bright to begin with.

Or things may not be going well for him and this is an easy way to rid yourself of an expensive toy. Yeah the water in that salt marsh won't be tough to get rid of!

Saw it a bunch when the wannabe harley riders started by HD's in teh 90's. They wanted to get rid of them and owed more than the bike was worth... how about a little insurance fraud.

Hmm, dumb like a fox....didn't think about that..

and what $1.7 million car doesn't come with bluetooth anyway :lol:

I got the chance to tear up a Veyron to install some anti-police gadgets here in Atlanta.

The owner paid 1.5 million after taxes for the car.

This car can go 0-100-0 in less time than most cars can go 0-60.

We almost got to take a spin in the car but the owner had some bad gasoline in it and the check indian light came on so they had to wait for a tech to fly up from FT Lauderdale Fla to check it out.

The bad thing about installing the stuff on that car is that every single wire in the engine compartment was very thin, and they all were the same color, gray with a white stripe.

I would hate to be the loser that had to try to diagnose and eletrical gremlin even with the schematic since all the wires are the same color.

The entire underneath of the car was one large piece of carbon fiber, and I learned something working on that car.......carbon fiber makes for a good chassis ground since it conducts electricity well.

I have a couple pics somewhere.

Cudaspaz, When you say "anti-police gadgets" do you mean:
Flares
machine guns
water cannons
missiles
grenade launchers
oil slick deployment
rocket boost
license plate flipper
grappling hook
night vision heads up display - so you can run with the headlights off, of course

or are we just talking radar/laser jammers.....Nevermind, I'm sure you could tell me...but then you'd have to kill me :D

I never would have suspected that carbon fiber would conduct electricity...learn something new every day...

I've seen the pics, not every day there is something cool like that sitting in your driveway, unless you are a member here :cheers:

LOL... he should not be driving.... a number of years ago, I had someone com around the corner (turning right) and drop her big gulp... she bent down to pick it up and continued her right turn right into my driveway, barely missed my 1950 Desoto, and took out one of the posts supporting the front of my carport. Fortunately, there were 2 posts, less than 12" apart. she knocked the first one off the concrete base, (breaking it) and hit the 2nd one and almost knocked it off its base as well. She left me a note and went home... She was young, had no money (neither did I come to think of it), very sorry, and honest enough to leave a note. I had a good laugh, and told her thanks for being honest and to be more careful and fixed it myself (spending less than $20).. Some people should not drive........

Read the article to the end,it looks like memike has his Veyron up for sale,lol.:happy2:

We almost got to take a spin in the car but the owner had some bad gasoline in it and the check indian light came on so they had to wait for a tech to fly up from FT Lauderdale Fla to check it out.

Pay that much and the car is picky about gas?
My 318 will run on dog dish water. I think I got him beat.
Go figure.
I'll even race him.
Only rule is we drain the oil out our cars first.

That guy wins "Upperclass Twit of the Year", hands down.

About the only place having that car would be worth it is in the midwest, where long straight stretches exist.

heres a little article on it, makes sense now
Bugatti Veyron of Andy House from Lufkin, Texas - Click above to view video

As we've already reported (stop tipping us on this!), yesterday a Texas man lost control of his Bugatti Veyron and ended up driving into the two-foot shallows of a nearby marsh. The driver claimed a kamikaze pelican that flew too low was to blame for the Veyron's bath. The Lufkin Daily News has now identified that driver as Andy House, the owner of Performance Auto Sales in Lufkin.

Perhaps too coincidentally, the company restores wrecked exotics for resale, which makes this whole situation seem like something akin to a mortician offing his own family members to drum up business. Unthinkable, for sure, and we hope it's not the case here as we'd hate to discover later that this Veyron was sacrificed as a publicity stunt.

Apparently a lot of people have been trying to reach Mr. House to discover exactly what happened. We're not sure what the connection is, but the group of interested callers is said to even California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. We don't think the car has been terminated, but it might be a while before it's back.

-
Back