Monster Mopar Weekend ?

-
If you weren't there you missed a very good time and the chance to meet a bunch of Mopar freaks. Great food, cold beer and a lot of good clean fun. I was giving lessons to Memike and Vic on how to haggle with the guy that had what you wanted at the swap meet. Ask Mike about the valve cover lesson. Some people don't know what their stuff is worth. That's good for me. I have a ball haggling with those guys. I know a bunch of em from years past. Several guys signed the trailer but some didn't. Today Jeffloc and cuda340 came buy before we left and ate some buffalo wings with us and chated awhile which was a lot of fun. These guys are just a lot of common Joes and great to talk with as i'm sure the rest of you are. I think we have Mike hooked on both MMW and Cabo. He stayed pretty close to that cooler. Ray and Sandy came by and brought some of the best Deer burgers on the face of this planet. Those were good. Vics lady brought some of her home made chow chow and with all of that put together......we had people wishing they were in our bunch. Lycandart and his wife helped us make some of that food disappear and sat and talked for a spell also. Left St Louis at 2:30 pm and got home at 6:30. Did some good deals in prep for the 451 sroker motor. Vic and i are building one each. Leanna will have some work coming. Great to be home but can't wait till next year. Great people running that operation also. Vic and i have a chevy buddy that went with us this weekend and before the weekend was over he had already decided which mopar he would get......when he gets one. I had to laugh when we sat for a while and watched the cars go down the 1/4. He couldn't believe it. This stuff is addicting. We did ya right FABO. Great to be home and on FABO.

I sure did get pampered and set up Small Block,=D> Thanks for the good stuff in the cooler. I have not had a shot or three of gold Cabo in a long time and the MMW will see me next year for sure.:blob:
I will post more tomorrow I am popped.:sleepy2:

Sounds like a bunch of you go to this thing, more than the Nationals. I went to the Nats for the first time this year but after reading this post I should save my vacation and head south instead. The party is closer to Iowa than Ohio is. toolmanmike

hey smallblock, good to see you guys, Got the shirt hung in the shop till next September. Thanks for the deal on the hood, worked out great. I'll have to hang out at the trailer more next year though. I think I walked about 50 miles that day. Just couldn't stay away from the vendors and swap area, It's like every time I walked by they had something new.

I got home from MMW a few hrs. ago. Got to meet Small Block, Vic Storm & few of the guys. Had a good time & took a lot of pics, I'll post some later. Thanks for Buffalo Wings & hospitality Small Block.

Left at 3:30 and just got home a few minutes ago. I'll post tomorrow when I've had a little sleep. GREEEEEEEEEAAAAAT Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 1am here I think I'll go to bed.

What a great weekend! I didn't get to hang out at the Official FABO trailer as much as I'd have liked, but I had a great time. Can't wait until next year.

What a great weekend! I didn't get to hang out at the Official FABO trailer as much as I'd have liked, but I had a great time. Can't wait until next year.

Hay !! It sure was good to see you again :cheers:

Here are the parts I picked up at MMW

wheel comeplete sbh 14" $200
mirror I pick up from small block way to cheep $10. Thanks Bill :cheers:
Treva found the starter heat shield that said 66 barracuda /6 on it $3
and a real nice gas cooler well built $10.

car show 155.jpg

car show 154.jpg

car show 170.jpg

It was real good to meet you Smallblock, Vic Storm too, my son and I had a great time. We wandered past your trailer a couple times during the day, but had so much to see we didn't stay in one place too long...forgot to sign the trailer too. Even with the sprinkles for half the day it was a weekend not to be missed. Definately making plans to go next year.

Here are the parts I picked up at MMW

wheel comeplete sbh 14" $200
mirror I pick up from small block way to cheep $10. Thanks Bill :cheers:
Treva found the starter heat shield that said 66 barracuda /6 on it $3
and a real nice gas cooler well built $10.

Man them are real nice wheels Mike. Looks like you found some good deals too. I scored on good deals this year better than I ever have. Only bad thing is now I'm broke for a couple months. :-D

I couldnt find anything this year that i needed. Last year I bought so much stuff it wasnt funny. Found 2 clutch sure grips last year and bought the pair for $175 bucks

I found a few deals myself but hey when someone offers you 500% profit you gotta do what you gotta do. I did come away with a set of coated schumacker BB headers for $450, and a pair of fenders for my 64 savoy and a bunch of memories that no one can take from me. That's what it's all about. You guys make plans for next year and we'll make it bigger and better than this year. I'll be there and i'll post as i know more on the dates. Scott, the guy that heads it all up is one class person and pleasant to talk to so i will be in touch with him and i'll post as soon as i know what the dates are so you can plan the days off. Love to see all of you there. Thanks to all of you that stopped by.

-
Back