Monster Mopar Weekend ?

-
Hey guys, looks like I may be making a Banzai trip there after work on Saturday to race in Super Pro on Sunday. Should arrive to the track around 8:00am Sunday morning. Wish I did not have to work Saturday.

It is about 400 miles of travel each direction from Columbus so plenty of Mountain Dew ought to do the trick.

Just to meet you and watch your bad sumbitch run would be worth a hotel room :cheers: for one night,:clock:

Hey fishy: I'm coming from the west on I 44 crossing the river and then turning right onto 64 and heading for Fairview Hts to the motel at exit 12 off 64 at the Super 8. Will that road be O.K.? By the way. Ray and Sandy(for those of you that don't know or remember)are the great folks that we got MeMikes Valiant from and they're going to be there saturday with DEER BURGERS. My brother is bringing some brauts and we'll have bbq buffalo wings with a little spice on em so come on by any day. Did i mention BEER?

360Scamp: Don't supose you could break away and fly on out with the Mrs and help us with that buffalo stuff could ya ? We'll pick ya up at the airport in a badass Duster. You seem to be up on fine buffalo.

Hey BigStrok: I'm just lookin to make one pass and get a time slip. Vic and i went over the cars pretty good and i have the helmet so i think we're ok. Maybe on the test and tune day.

Hey fishy: I'm coming from the west on I 44 crossing the river and then turning right onto 64 and heading for Fairview Hts to the motel at exit 12 off 64 at the Super 8. Will that road be O.K.? By the way. Ray and Sandy(for those of you that don't know or remember)are the great folks that we got MeMikes Valiant from and they're going to be there saturday with DEER BURGERS. My brother is bringing some brauts and we'll have bbq buffalo wings with a little spice on em so come on by any day. Did i mention BEER?

I searched the St.Louis construction sight and here's what I came up with. Looks like just nightly closings.

St. Louis City
I-44:
  • From 8 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday various lanes on eastbound I-44 at Kingshighway Blvd. will be closed so crews can install overhead signs.
  • From 8 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday various lanes on westbound I-44 at Vandeventer Ave. will be closed so crews can install overhead signs.
I-44:
  • From 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through September 28 the right lane on eastbound and westbound I-44 from Rte. 109 to I-270 will be closed for paving work.
If anybody else wants to know about any other highways around St.Louis here's a link to the page that has all the construction for the next couple days.

http://www.modot.mo.gov/stlouis/new...rict6News.shtml?action=displaySSI&newsId=9464

Fishy: I looked for a map but i didn't see a link to one. We'll have 3 trucks with trailers and 2 cars running together so we'll just pick our way through it all. We'll leave West Plains at 6 pm so that should put us there in the thick of things about 10 p.m. i think. I'm getting out the map and looking for an alternate route. I can deal with fewer lanes but no closed roads. Not much on detours. See ya there. We'll have talkabout radios in all rigs. If you guys can't find us at MMW call my cell and we'll lead ya to the location or go on channel 1 or channel 10 on the radio and ask for some FABO people.
417-293-0116 days

I see now "various lanes" closed. We're ok

Someone stop by my pit and buy all my stuff! had to come home for work today be there ffor the rest of the weekend.

Just to meet you and watch your bad sumbitch run would be worth a hotel room :cheers: for one night,:clock:

Thanks Memike, definitely wanna meet as many people as possible. Prolly will seem like I am barely there. Car was running 9.70's last weekend @3300' altitude while pulling the wheels 1.5-2.0' and carrying them out about 65'. Lots of fun. If the weather does what it says I could see 60's this weekend.

Small Block called me at 6pm and said to let everyone know the convoy is on the road, :cheers:three trailers and two have his cars on them, And an in closed one full of goodies to sell. Beer, food and he better not forget the good stuff in the gold bottle coble wable tequila
Treva and I will be on our way Saturday morning at 4:30 am to get there
buy 8:30 am.

Here is some pictures I took the week end we went to get Victoria.
These cars and the truck will be for sale there along with allot of goodies.
I am looking forward to meeting everyone that can, I hope everyone can make it.:cheers:

ebay402%20001.jpg

ebay402%20002.jpg

ebay402%20006.jpg

ebay402%20007.jpg

ebay402%20009.jpg

moparsegura here's the pics of the headers I PMed you about. The Silver & Bare metal set have1-5/8 X 30 Primary tubes and 3 X 6 collectors. The White set have 1-5/8 X 36 Primary tubes and 3 X 7 collectors. The rest of the pics I took are on the next post.

DSCN1998.jpg

DSCN1999.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

DSCN2001.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

DSCN2003.jpg

DSCN2004.jpg

DSCN2005.jpg

DSCN2006.jpg

DSCN2007.jpg

The hat I will be wearing at Monster mopar weekend

hat.jpg

hat1.jpg

just came back from town and parked here for the week end.

ebayaug08 001.jpg

If you look at his post above he said their heading out at 4:30 am to be there by 8:30 so I bet he's in bed by now.
Yes I was fishy68, I got me a 4 hours of sleep and got back up for a bit.
Small Block called at 6pm and said they had a great first day.
He said BigStrok3 and his dad was there and they are all meeting at a crab shack for a nice dinner, I wish I was already there.:toothy7:
We will be leaving out at 4:30 so that will get us there at 8:30am.

I will be leaving Sikeston Mo. at 4:30 in the morning, should be there about 7 or so. see you guys there

I will be leaving Sikeston Mo. at 4:30 in the morning, should be there about 7 or so. see you guys there

I will be there about 8:30 wearing a whit George Ray's T shirt and the black cap that says 1966 Valiant on the frond and FABO on the back.
I will be heading straight to the swap meet area to Small Blocks trailer.
My phone will be with me so give me a call 870-273-4379.:cheers:

Coffee, feed dogs, shower and I am out of here:cheers:

Chelsie will keep an eye on the place while I am gone :happy10:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20006.jpg

moparsegura, If you need to get a hold of me while you're at MMW, here's my cell #217 - 653 - 2684.

well, just got back form Monster Mopar. it was awesome, as always. Met memike, vicstorm and smallblock. signed the trailer. it was awesome. It outta be federal law that every mopar guy must attend Mopar weekend. I didn't get many pics, but will try to shrink some down and getg them on here tomorrow. I think I walked about 50 miles today between the swap area, drag pits, and the car show. The vendor site wasn't as big as had been before but still awesome.

Just got back from monster mopar. Sorry I didnt have alot of time to meet anyone I was pretty busy trying to make my runs down the track. Saturday I missed my first elmintation run so I didnt get to run any eliminations due to Gateways shitty speaker system cant hear it at all where i was. Was eliminated first round eliminations today due to me redlighting. Best pass was 12.24@ 110.00. Maybe I will be able to get around more next year if there is one they are talking about expanding the oval track to support nascar and only running nhra on the dragstrip I guess we will see what happens. Also didnt buy much just a few shirts and a new msd dist. but sold about $600 worth of stuff.

hey BigStrok3, I seen your car there in the pits when I was walking around, but never seen you. Gateway could do a better job with the track conditions, I heard tons of complaints yesterday from alot of racers. you outta bring that thing down to Sikeston and run it. Only 1/8 mile, but still a awesome track. I think there are a few guys from Fenton and Arnold that run here regularly.

All in all I had an allright time I spoke to vick storm and small block a little and picked up my shirt. Couldnt find anything I needed in the swap meet O well hopefully it will be better next year when my 408 is done.

-
Back