moog tie rod ends

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks
does anyone know the part numbers for the moog brand tie rod ends and sleeves for a 70 duster. i'm looking for 11/16 size which seems to be an issue. i know the ES401 L&R is 9/16 for the a bodies even with a big block but i can't seem to find if the 11/16 is avalible. i see firm feel has them but i would like to stick with moog brand
thanks
terry

Car Quest brand is made by them. That is where I got all my front end parts. See Ya!

11/16 are for listed for c-body. Their tapered ball studs fit the same holes so they serve as heavier duty on a-body.
Unless you plan to bang the curbs you really dont need larger diameter rods. There moving parts wear at the same rate.

folks
so my idea of bigger tie rods ends 11/16 isn't any better then the stock 9/16 for my 70 440 duster?
thanks
terry

folks
so my idea of bigger tie rods ends 11/16 isn't any better then the stock 9/16 for my 70 440 duster?
thanks
terry

The larger rod for c-body is due to the larger wheels, spindles, every thing else applying linear stress. C-body draglink is larger too.
The stock 9/16 a-body pieces may give a little more when bumping curbs thus throwing toe setting off. Thats the only advantage I can think of.

folks
thanks
terry
Some folks feel that they are overkill for a street driven vehicle, but I went with them when I ordered my kit from PST. My buddy told me I didn't need to weld a plate on the bottom of my lower control arms, but I did anyway.

There's no kill like overkill!!

-
Back