Mopar 15 inch wheel question?

-

CrusherCuda

Reaction score
I am looking for two 15 inch rims between 5 and 6 inches wide with a 5 x 4.5 lug pattern. I feel like these should exist, but having a hard time finding what they came on, be it an A, B, C, or E body rim. I have a feeling it would be an early B or C body rim, but not sure. I know a yard with some crusty Mopar's in it, just need some direction what platforms to look for. Or if you have a pair you want to sell, message me and maybe we can make a deal. Just want a skinny rim for the front. A 14 inch rim could work, but I'm partial to keeping the 15s all the way around.

No As.

Look for Bs, Cs, Es, 1/2 ton trucks and vans.

Some yards pile up rims with tires still on them, so eyes open.

They are a common wheel, so getting some should be easy and relatively cheap.
The first place that I would look in the junk yard would be a late '70s or early '80s pickup/van/or big car like a Cordoba.
Junk yards commonly have piles of wheels and tires laying around, so you could sift through them and find something there.

Generally, A-Bodies didn't come with 15'' wheels from the factory so unless someone changed them in the past, I doubt that you will find one that has some on it.......

So, I might need to measure what I have. I have 4 wheels and tires from a 72 Polara. I would need to dismount one to measure. I may be looking for a 7 inch wide rim for the rear then if the Polara rims are narrow. Assume nothing and question everything right?

My plan was to run 15x7s in the rear and 15x6 or narrower in the front with factory steel wheels to stay within budget and keep the junkyard build going. The thought would be to have the widest rear tire without tubbing the wheel wells and a skinny tire in the front to save weight. If I could find a 5 inch wide front rim, that would be ideal.

Of course, I could settle for 14x7s in the rear and 14x5s in the front. I have had better luck sourcing that size from Fords. And I have tires that fit 14s already. Mustangs used a wide variety of 14 inch rims from 1964 to 1973 with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. I will have to get out the tape measure and go for a trip to the yard.

I have a pair of 14 x either 5 or 5.5 (I'd have to dig them out to check) wheels in BBP I'd let go cheap. Also, if you are set on 15's, my 82 D150 came with 15x5.5 wheels all around. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-
Back