Mopar A-Body 4-Door parts....Save them?

-
I have shipped a few 70/71 dart/demon grills. Go to your favourite grocery store and get a box from a display. The produce department gets pallets of fruits and vegetables covered in nice plastic. I use the plastic to wrap around the grills. Haven’t had a fatatily yet. Kim

The window trim from those 4 door cars fits the 2 door post cars

That 63 Valiant looks way too good to be there.

This is my four door story. For several years (10-15 maybe) for some reason I have had the fire to build a four door driver. Good two door cars of all flavors were still easy finds no doubt back then.. I had seen some over the years that would work, solid and cheap but never pulled the trigger. About 2 years ago I had a compete rust free non driving 77 Volare wagon I gave $500 for the perfect grill to go in a 76 Roadrunner. The grill was worth that. So I swapped out grills and eventually sold my Volares. No one wanted my wagon except guys in Pa and Oh and they ain't going to drive to Tx. for it or pay shipping. F bodies are not generally worth much anyway.
Then I found a guy in Ms. that wanted my wagon and he had a 64 more door Belvedere. We traded even and it had a good running poly 318 I wanted to go in a 62 Dart (B body). We meet in La. and when I got it home, it was so solid I could not part it out for the engine. It had a new AMD floorpan, engine was great, but it needed a windshield and back glass. A PO had obviously done some work to the engine, front suspension,etc. It was rust free and pretty darn straight, I did all the body/paint, brakes, put on new tires and add new A100 style buckets, carpet, etc. Run/drive anywhere. I mean it drives straight.
So I am trying to thin the herd some and I advertise it FBBO, FABO, local FM marketplace for $5500. I got one offer of local ish guy of $4000.
I really like the looks of the car and driving it. And I know, anyone would behard pressed to get into a driver with all paint work done for that.
End of story!!! The parts car that wasn't!!
Thats my more door story!!! :poke::popcorn:

I'd keep the A body 4 doors, there is a growing movement of either running the more doors or converting them to 2 door sedans.

this stuff worth buying to save and pass along?

guys will tell you yes right up till it comes time for them to open their wallets. in the end it depends on how much you want to spend on stuff you may never get your money back on and/or how long you actually want to sit on that stuff before seeing any money.

better off saving what you can that interchanges with two doors. get your money back faster.

OP,
I have a modest collection of mopars but 3 of them are More Doors, one of which is a wagon.
I'd be interested in door panels, arm rests, and arm rests brackets for a 1969 Dart I'm building for my daughter. I think 67-75/76 dart would work. Trying to retain the blue interior them, but matching black would be cool too.
I'm also interested in door panels for the 66 Valiant wagon. That 63 Valiant in your pictures could be a good candidate depending on condition and color.

Wagon and 4 door interior door panels are the same. Wagon unique parts are the roof, rear seat and the rest of the car from the C pillars back. The fuel tank is the same, but the filler neck is wagon only, I also believe the rear bumper and license plate light are the same.

id be interested in 73 Duster window plastic rollers, im not sure but i think that they are 73 one year only

-
Back