Mopar Action magazine DISCONTINUED

-
I can see why magazines don't sell at the news stand . $7 is just too much. I hope it doesn't happen. I like actually owning something I pay for. I don't want to take a computer in the bathroom either.

I can see why magazines don't sell at the news stand . $7 is just too much. I hope it doesn't happen. I like actually owning something I pay for. I don't want to take a computer in the bathroom either.

I agree. ya need a real magazine to help ya thru the morning ritual.

yep $7 for a car mag at the news stand is nuts. and, I gave up subscribing to any of then years ago! same old ads, same old car stories, same old BS!!!!

I think it's 7. 99...way too much!
Did like the 70 lime runner tho.

You guys realize that $7.99 is bi-monthly, right? That's $3.98 a month. Now take a look at the price of weekly or monthly publications.

Bolig is from MoparMuscle.

I used to read all the car mags. I remember when MCG was in newspaper form! ha..

I quite reading mopar muscle maybe 12 yrs back? I though back then, even a real dumb a** like me, not a real truly mechanically minded somebody .... could start a mopar mag!!!?????? LOL sorry Mr, Bolig??????

Bolig is from MoparMuscle.

Rusty has already apologized.
But he still needs to go sit in the corner and build me an engine.

Yeeears ago I knew Mopar Action was the way to go.
Flying Green Bricks away.

They should call the other magazine Mehpar Muscle.

I see Randy at the Nats. Great guy and a good sense of humor. I always enjoyed his editorials. He's just a Mopar guy, he likes performance, and has a sickness for Mopars. He's just one of us.

For the record mopar action is the best...even if it is 7.99 an issue.

I told Gromer that I'd pay $10-15 an issue, and I meant it. They've saved me thousands through the years and I don't even do that much with my car. Mopar Action is a genuine value.

Well, I was too late. The wife already sent it my renewal for 2 years. I have been getting Mopar Action, and Mopar Muscle. The biggest difference in see besides how thin Mopar Muscle is ,Mopar Action teaches you things. Mopar Muscle tries to sell you things.

I had a subscription to Cycle News for...decades...think I started in 1975-1976. Then, here a few years back they went all digital. I had paid for 2 years at my last renewal. I have not read one single digital issue. Didn't get a refund either. Everyone I know who was subscribed to Cycle News is no longer reading the digital.

Digital sucks, blows and all else.

Death to digital media.

And don't confuse forums with what I'm calling digital media.

I sold Randy the rear glass set up for his 67 "project valiant" for $50 for the glass,trim and gasket. He never let me know it arrived in good condition so I emailed him and all I got was a "yeah" when I asked. Then I seen the mention of rear glass install he said he got it out of a 68 dart in the junkyard. I specialize in Valiants and there is no way he used a rear Dart glass anything in that Valiant. I assume that since I didn't give it to him for free my name wasn't worth mentioning and MM won't mention your name or promote you in any way for their "how to" tech write up's unless you give them parts for free. I'm just a little fish who specializes in 67-9 Valiants and other a bodies. I stopped supporting MM after that.

Mopar Action was published 164 times.

Of the 164 issues, only twelve covers featured A bodies.....with one Duster and no Demon :(.

When Cliff, Rick and Co resurrect MA (in whatever form), I hope they look to address that imbalance....

Of the 164 issues, only twelve covers featured A bodies.....with one Duster and no Demon :(.

When Cliff, Rick and Co resurrect MA (in whatever form), I hope they look to address that imbalance....
Sadly, most A bodies aren't regarded as muscle cars by many people, and muscle cars are the core of the hobby at this time...

That's surprising to me. Did you go back and count your back issues, or read that somewhere?

Because I counted six A bodies on the covers in the twenty nine issues sitting on my dresser (one issue had two, so I counted both). I find it hard to believe the other six A bodies are spread over 130+ issues.
In the issues I sampled, I did see two late model rams and three '50's customs, so I agree If you're saying the A is under represented, but 12 seems a stretch.

And I'm just about positive I have seen a demon on the cover in the limited collection I have.

like said, majority of A bodies are not considered real "muscle cars". and basically the mags like to write about cars people "droll" over. they figure it sells mags!?
I lost all respect for MM decades ago. sorry.
cost of mags??. there is a quarter horse news that comes out every two weeks, covers (cutting, reining, and reined cowhorse.) subscription costs $46 /yr, but one of it will make 4 of MA size. not sold on news stands either ..

Anyone else get some legal letter from Harris Publication? I guess they are getting sued or something. I hate legal mumbo jumbo. It's all Greek to me.

Last edited:
-
Back