Mopar Action magazine DISCONTINUED

-
Purchased Dec. issue of MA just over a wk. ago, full of what we've been accustomed to, cool rides(some close to over the top,some down to earth)sound tech advice(lots),and resto
as well. Gromer pokes a little fun at the competition(vanishing point CUDA?) etc., but all in all seems upbeat and ready to see what happens. We are gearheads, we should support
those who offer something(they do),and who support our passion/hobby/lives with integrity and the same or higher commitment than our own. I don't mind online magging, but it
definitely does not replace hard copy in my hands, and I will support them as long as they are there. I don't know if you've looked around, but there are a lot of people who are just
clueless and ambivalent about our type of activity, and wouldn't hesitate to support outlawing our hobby. I won't get into My own personal summer of grief dealing w/local "ordinances", but We don't have many friends out there folks, and we need to stick together. Also product promotion isn't anything new, and as long as testing is done w/integrity
I don't have a problem w/it, it is business after all. Everybody is so ready to be screwed these days, we're just expecting it, be patient as long as the mag survives I'm sure they'll
make good for those who had sub.'s paid for.........

An Inland Mopars Car Club friend told me yesterday that the latest issue of Mopar Collectors Guide states that Parade Publishing fired/replaced the editorial staff of the new Mopar Action magazine after the December issue came out stating they're "going in a different direction" whatever that means.
I sent in my new subscription payment over a month ago and still haven't seen anything show up in the mailbox nor have I been able to find MA on the grocery store magazine rack.
There's a thread over on FBBO saying the same thing.

Well, the Dec. issue has "display until Dec. 20, 2016" in the barcode block, it is on the stand at the local grocery store. Along with the re-named"Performance Mopars/Chrysler
Power" mag. "we're going in a different direction" means your fired,and we're replacing you w/people we like/know already even if they don't know **** about what they're about to do.
And that could mean parade is throwing MA under the bus, which as a wheel chock is still more useful than most of the other rags out there!

I had just paid for a 2 year renewal. I even got another bill in the mail and had to verify I had already sent in the check?!?!?!

They owe me a couple issues from before.
I'll be damned if I buy a copy at the grocery store when they still owe me.
I understand new owners blah,blah,blah. But they're the ones who said they honor the old subscriptions.
Until they do, they're word aint worth the paper they printed it on. How am I expected to trust what they print until I see some good faith on their part.

I'm down under and had a year to go on my sub, haven't and don't expect any issues to be on my door step soon

I hope MA gets things worked out. I remember the days when a mopar sighting in a magazine was rare, let alone magazines dedicated to them specifically.

Well, I'm totally confused as to the conversation and direction of this thread.. Harris publications went belly up in April 2016, two weeks after I renewed my subscription for another 2 years!! If they are back in publication I'd like to know by whom as I'd luv to be getting the copies of a subscription I paid for of what was a great magazine..

Well, I'm totally confused as to the conversation and direction of this thread.. Harris publications went belly up in April 2016, two weeks after I renewed my subscription for another 2 years!! If they are back in publication I'd like to know by whom as I'd luv to be getting the copies of a subscription I paid for of what was a great magazine..
The direction is.......
Kiss your money goodbye.
Another publisher bought the magazine, and they stated they would honor the subscriptions. Well I think the new publisher lasted a whole 2 issues before they called it quits too.
I renewed at Mopar Nats for 2 years, the only thing I ever saw was the t-shirt they gave away.
The way I see it, I basically paid $27 for a $5 t-shirt that shrank.
Sorry to be the guy that breaks it to you, but that's that sad truth.
Oh, and I did submit that form that Harris Publishing sent. But my attorney said said don't count on much. So far, he's been right.

Last edited:
Tis the sad truth about corporate America.. I filled out the same form from Harris and never saw a dime, least you got a t-shirt.. All the fat cats and attorneys got their money, and the hard working simple men like us, as usual just get the shaft..

Tis the sad truth about corporate America.. I filled out the same form from Harris and never saw a dime, least you got a t-shirt.. All the fat cats and attorneys got their money, and the hard working simple men like us, as usual just get the shaft..
Well, you didn't miss much with the t-shirt. Shrank with the 1st wash.
Shoulda been a sign.

Mopar Action was at the Nats selling subscriptions.
They hollered at me wanting me to sign up.
I asked where the hell was the issues they already owe me.
I was told that I'd get those, but I really should sign up for a new subscription.
Apparently they were there last year selling subscriptions also and those issues haven't been printed let alone mailed out.
Looks like straight fraud to me.

I agree FRAUD!!!!!!! someone should call the Feds!!

the young guns will miss all this mopar mag stuff but the rest of us old timers, have read about every "desirable" mopar built over the decades 10 times over. too bad the mag hardly ever wrote an article about the more "non rare, non high performance, the non mega $$ cars".... but they figured those articles wold ot sell mags!!????? RIP MA ... E Booger still lives on Feebay!!!!!

for the record, it was E-booger who was trying his damnedest to get me to re-sign.
He got a little pissy when I said I didn't trust that they were actually going to deliver on their promise. I asked if they were there raising funds to even print an issue.
I'm not a huge fan of e-booger, and in case you guys didn't know, most everything he sells on ebay can still be gotten thru Mopar at a dealer.

for the record, it was E-booger who was trying his damnedest to get me to re-sign.....

I was chatting to him at a show earlier in the year.....and at that point in time he was dead certain that Mopar Action was finished. I hope it does rise from the dead, I'm another one who's owed a two year subscription.

Welp,
Much like Ma Mopar, the magazine is back from the dead (again). Gromer and Ehrenberg are both on board (again), and it seems to be on stable footing now.
I'm guessing that the new publisher that canned the OG crew got their senses together.

It was cheap enough, so I renewed my script.
www.moparaction.com

Welp,
Much like Ma Mopar, the magazine is back from the dead (again). Gromer and Ehrenberg are both on board (again), and it seems to be on stable footing now.
I'm guessing that the new publisher that canned the OG crew got their senses together.

It was cheap enough, so I renewed my script.
www.moparaction.com

What about for those people, like me, who subscribed previously and never received their subscription. I hope they have that list of people and will honor their subscriptions.

I might try it, If it hits the mag racks in grocery stores, then you know it is being published again. W'ell have to see.
barracudadave67

What about for those people, like me, who subscribed previously and never received their subscription. I hope they have that list of people and will honor their subscriptions.

I'll ask!

They look to be doing only one year subscriptions.

I guess I can drop that small amount and hope it gets published.

6 months before SuperStock and Srag Illustrated was bought out by Hot Rod I did a 5 year subscription extension. I got 4.5 years of Hot Rod. That pissed me off. SS&DI was my favorite mag of all time.

-
Back