Mopar Action subscription

-
Yup. Shut down only a few months after I gifted the subscription.
Did they at least let you know in advance, or did they just screw you over like Mopar Muscle did me? How many months do/did they owe you?

Did they at least let you know in advance, or did they just screw you over like Mopar Muscle did me? How many months do/did they owe you?
My personal sub is for 2 years and I am probably 9 months into it. The gifted sub was about 4 months in. I'm probably out $35. Nobody got any notice. Nothing can be done about it anyway. I look at it this way.....I got a lot of great Tech out of the magazine. Kind of like paying for a Gold membership here. Being that the gift promotion was recent, I don't think many at the magazine (marketing) knew about the sale of the publisher.
Also guessing that subscriptions were down and probably why they axed Mopar Action. I see Ebooger at car shows once in a while. I'll ask him if he knows anything. He's also out of a job. Too bad. He is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Mopes.

Well, that bites the big one.
They came back better than ever last time only to shut down and screw people again out of their subscription money.
That's why I didn't subscribe.
I was a bit gun shy after last time, and I was right...
BTW, I loved the mag and bought it every time a new issue came out.
And they didn't last very long on the news stands around here anyway.
E-Booger was #1 in my books...

I didn't lose subscription issues the first time. I sent an email to the new publisher and they honored my subscriptions in full. I pay for one subscription for a Mopar buddy who did me a huge favor and wouldn't accept anything for it. They sent the first issues immediately in envelopes.

I hate to break it, but they just killed Mopar Action. And took our sub money.

Said deal 'twas too good to be true.
AGAIN????
I got burnt the last time and there was no way in hell I was going to get it again.

No, sir....you are absolutely wrong there.
Mopar Muscle embraced the GYC jerkoffs....featuring monthly segments on the show and what was going on at their shop.
Mopar Action was legit.

Mopar Action has always been head and shoulders above the other Mopar magazines - better and more dependable tech columns and articles. Again, I really hope that these guys resurface somewhere or we have all lost a significant source of accurate information.

Yep..!!! I also ended up with the hose job on the first go round..!! First thing I thought of when the op said IF you add another year you get a free sub..!! “ This fish stinks from the head down”..!! Col Flag M.A.S.H. 4077..Swingn’

wish they would take all the back tech material and reorganize it into books
If you contact Rick Ehrenberg (ebay seller ricks-mopars) he had at one time a huge tech archive on CD-Rom and was selling them. He might have one for you. If he isn't able to supply one, I can possibly copy mine.

If you contact Rick Ehrenberg (ebay seller ricks-mopars) he had at one time a huge tech archive on CD-Rom and was selling them. He might have one for you. If he isn't able to supply one, I can possibly copy mine.
Right on Jos. Also the Mopar Action website is still up. Lots of good stuff there. There was also a list of tech with date of publication but couldn't find it with a quick check. I have a collection of magazines Going back to early 90's. If anyone is looking for a specific feature/tech/article and knows the issue, I will gladly email you a copy of that article but check the website first.

No, sir....you are absolutely wrong there.
Mopar Muscle embraced the GYC jerkoffs....featuring monthly segments on the show and what was going on at their shop.
Mopar Action was legit.
Maybe.....maybe not. The tech stuff was pretty good, but it was the writing style that bugged me. I suppose my GYC comparison may have been over the top, but having to read through some of the Mopar Action writers nonsense was almost as bad as watching Worman doing a Rockey routine.

There was also a list of tech with date of publication but couldn't find it with a quick check.
It's still up for now. I did a print-save to PDF.

Maybe.....maybe not. The tech stuff was pretty good, but it was the writing style that bugged me. I suppose my GYC comparison may have been over the top, but having to read through some of the Mopar Action writers nonsense was almost as bad as watching Worman doing a Rockey routine.
Rick's writing style was funny. I patterned my own based on how he told stories through captions and pictures. I have many project threads at FBBO in the same theme as how he wrote.

Rick's writing style was funny. I patterned my own based on how he told stories through captions and pictures. I have many project threads at FBBO in the same theme as how he wrote.
I became an engineer based on what I learned in MA

I gave up all the Ragizines when years ago every 400 horsepower build was putting out 550 horsepower. Then 600, 700, and 800. Add on to that every other page was an advertisement of some sort.

I wonder if we can persuade them to start an on-line version, perhaps without the current publisher and under a new name. The three principle authors, Gomer, Stunkard, Ehrenberg, provided essentially all the information. But they would have to make a profit at it to cover costs and living expenses. A good number of us would need to support them in some way.
Thoughts?

-
Back