Mopar colors in aerosol.

-
On the whole bay? That's not bad at all did that cover the radiator support and all?
Thanks for the link I'm most definitely getting that. Better than letting a 500$ can of paint go bad just to spray the bay!
Yeah, I bought 3 cans and still have 1 partial can left after engine compartment and part of the trunk.

D012BCD8-AAA3-42DE-B1A9-697A1E3C55D9.jpeg

53B97E33-5329-481A-B502-820D92866B63.jpeg

Had a small area on the firewall under the master cylinder were the paint lifted, O'Reilly's did an excellent job matching the paint code. For a spot job like what I needed in a rattle can it worked great, cannot say enough about the good people that work there.....

IMG_3130.JPG

Had a small area on the firewall under the master cylinder were the paint lifted, O'Reilly's did an excellent job matching the paint code. For a spot job like what I needed in a rattle can it worked great, cannot say enough about the good people that work there.....

View attachment 1715307044
I've used them to. They have a paint scanner at some stores just have to call and ask which one. Used the same stuff for a touch up.
They also mixed me a can of chassis black.

it's your fault! LOL you're back and forth from this thread to that thread I don't even know which one I'm talking on anymore this is building your car painting your car or finding a steering box? I'm lost I'm old I want my mommy...

I've used them to. They have a paint scanner at some stores just have to call and ask which one. Used the same stuff for a touch up.
They also mixed me a can of chassis black.
How much is a can of that paint at o'Reillys ?

it's your fault! LOL you're back and forth from this thread to that thread I don't even know which one I'm talking on anymore this is building your car painting your car or finding a steering box? I'm lost I'm old I want my mommy...
Lol I'm a multi tasker. I have alot going on right now I'm trying to get my block to machinist. Get my bay painted, thanks to you and 318willblowmymoney I'm now buying a manual steering gearbox. Dangit.

I don't remember its been a year. I think it was $10-15?? Also looked so good didn't use a clearcoat. Looks good still a year later.
That restore stuff we was looking at is a lacquer primer and clearcoat i bet i could get the color from them and get the primer and clear cheaper elsewhere.

That restore stuff we was looking at is a lacquer primer and clearcoat i bet i could get the color from them and get the primer and clear cheaper elsewhere.
Careful now you got to use the same kind of clear that you use as paint. I think there's different compounds that don't match but I'm not fully sure of that someone should be able to tell you why...

Did you use their primer and clearcoat also?
No, I just cleaned it up, got rid of a little rust under the master cylinder area. I did use a primer in the small areas where it did have bare metal. Then sprayed the color. I wasn’t looking to make it perfect, just to get it looking decent. My car is a resurrection, not a restoration.
:lol:

Lol I'm a multi tasker. I have alot going on right now I'm trying to get my block to machinist. Get my bay painted, thanks to you and 318willblowmymoney I'm now buying a manual steering gearbox. Dangit.
Been there done that. Overall its been the last year. The last four months was fast and furious everyday a few yours.
The dash sat on the kitchen island for a month. The bucket seats sat in the living room for four months.
The extra bedroom had the "don't touch them" parts. Yep my wife's a car lovers saint!!
All done and kinda of a let down, but nice in a way.
I'm not planning/working something or looking for a part...yea done for now!!

No, I just cleaned it up, got rid of a little rust under the master cylinder area. I did use a primer in the small areas where it did have bare metal. Then sprayed the color. I wasn’t looking to make it perfect, just to get it looking decent. My car is a resurrection, not a restoration.
:lol:
Yea me too. I want it to look good but not at the cost of perfection!
I think I'm just gonna get the quart its 87 dollars. They claim it will go farther than aerosols. That's only 17 dollars more for a whole lotta of coverage. Then I can just buy some clear. That should do my bay wheelwells trunk door jams etc.

Yes you lol you and said can't be giving up hp with a power steering pump! Haha.
I'm just messing with you I actually had looked into it before because of the header situation.
just for the record I'm trying to get you on the road within your family budget, on the other hand 318hasnopowerinhisoldjunk needs to start putting some power into his Duster and stop bragging about his friends Camaro...

Careful now you got to use the same kind of clear that you use as paint. I think there's different compounds that don't match but I'm not fully sure of that someone should be able to tell you why...
It says its lacquer clear. I'm assuming all lacquer clears are the same compounds? Idk?

-
Back