Mopar cruise night rant

-

JohnnyJet

Reaction score
OK so last nite me and my buddy decide to go to a local MoPar cruise nite. For the most part the people there were great, all sharing a common passion of MoPars. But why is it theres always someone that has to go over to my car and say its a nice car but....."ya know that motor doesnt belong in that car,its a slant six car". Im always polite but I would just love to say...no **** I put the 360 in there. I dont care if its a numbers match car, a clone, a tribute, a beater, or a parts car, if you aint gonna say something positive, dont say anything. phewwww ok thanks I feel better now

OK so last nite me and my buddy decide to go to a local MoPar cruise nite. For the most part the people there were great, all sharing a common passion of MoPars. But why is it theres always someone that has to go over to my car and say its a nice car but....."ya know that motor doesnt belong in that car,its a slant six car". Im always polite but I would just love to say...no **** I put the 360 in there. I dont care if its a numbers match car, a clone, a tribute, a beater, or a parts car, if you aint gonna say something positive, dont say anything. phewwww ok thanks I feel better now

I here ya, been there.

When you go you should have a sign that goes under the hood "If yer gunna criticize you should switch deodorants!!"

Just say, WOW when i got her home from the dealer thats the engine she had, Must have been a factory mess up.

The coolest rebuff I've heard: "Excuse me, I am going into meditation now."

Sounds like a MoPar night at Franks club............

Yeah I heard that!Too many EXPERTS.When I take my 67 Dart they really scream.It has a 341 Desoto hemi in it.Most dont even see the rear distributor.Yep EXPERTS.

I here you. Some of the stuff is amazing happens.

I like some of the purist stuff but also piss them off. I like the puzzled look when the fender tag on my 340 4 gear dart says it's a triple green 71 318 scamp.

just tell'em to take his lame *** somewhere else with all his gaylord govier wisdom

OR..................just look at his 'neck' with concern, and when he asks what it is you're lookin for.....tell him ''the 4 skin ya dik head'', ''now kick rocks b4 kick yers''

i always say something off the wall
like i have to poop and walk off

Yep, can't stand people like that.

I have told them...

"When your name is on the title, you are free to do what you want to".

"If you give me the money, I will be sure to get it close to perfect. "

"Im sorry, you have reached the care factory and we all out of stock..please call back during normal business hours; or when someone starts to give a damn".

I agree with "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

I have dealt with more than one SUPER DOUCHE.

Just ask them if they'd rather see it with a slant 6 in there, or a cool transplant that YOU, the owner, worked long and hard on to make it the way you wanted it???!!!??? Then ask them to see theirs and be prepared to pick it apart for the smallest thing you can find. Tell them..."Did you know that your car is supposed to have..... then walk away smiling when they have to justify their work!!! Meanwhile, enjoy your car, it's a beaut!!! Geof

Ever find out what Mr. Know It All had there that night? Usually the ones that talk the most crap came there in a Toyota, or something.

When I finished my last '69 Dart,I took it up to Mopars with Big Daddy D . I had some jerk come up and ask why I spent so much on building a Slant 6, Itoo very politely told him to look around,of the nearl 4-500 MOPARS,show me "1" that looks like mine !!!!Ha,the closest thing to mine was a bone stock totally restored '60 Slant 6 Valiant !!! "THAT'S WHY" !!!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !!!!!

There is one in every crowd and like the others have stated, either don't own a classic car or bought one at barrett jacksons, and still know a thing about it.

I love this thread LOL. I know a guy who when he goes to look at any Mopar at a show first thing he does is checks the tag then looks at the car and points out if it is real and what it should or shouldn't have...drive me frickn crazy. Mind you both his cars are not numbers matching, so I can't figure why he has to pick other cars apart, guess he wants to show everyone how much he knows...DOUCHE
AL

I love survivors, original cars, well done clones, whatever really. Those people are just upset that they can't afford to be in the hobby. Some of us probably just get by doing this, but at least we have the cars.

Don't forget about the ones who HAVE to point out that they used to own one of those and bull!@#* like that. There are usually a few of these in every crowd.

Why worry about how someone else feels about your car? I might have said something like "I am not trying to present it as something it is not. I built the car the way I wanted".

-
Back