Mopar Day at Milan 9-5-2009

-

jysnflem

Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again and I was wondering who's going. I plan on going out for a test and tune day either Wednesday or Friday. Jayson

DSC_8374.jpg

Well it's that time of year again and I was wondering who's going. I plan on going out for a test and tune day either Wednesday or Friday. Jayson
Obvously I can't go as I live in Connecticut, but just wanted to say your car is freakin badass.
Good Luck.

George

My son and I will be there on Saturday, I will try to make it to test and tune Wednesday.

Ron

Got a Mopar buddy who lives right across the street from Milan. Willing to bet he'll be there to watch - no car right now. Sold his 383 4 speed 68 Fury III convertible this past summer

Please jason tell us about your car and give us some pictures. Mark

Well I made it out Wednesday ,but only got two passes in man was it packed. I've never seen it so packed on a test night. Anyways ran pretty normal for the first time out this year clicked off a 11.55 and 11.58 so I'm ready for Saturday. Got to meet a FABO member Ron. Glad to have met you Ron. I took some video inside the car with my new pod mount put it's pretty shaky on the top end. Saturday I'm going to mount the pod to the dash instead of the windshield and maybe the video will be more stable. Oh yeah and the Chevy that blew by me ran a 10.23 @ 130mph.Jayson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mrK7qgLUPY

Please jason tell us about your car and give us some pictures. Mark
Hey Mark, The engine is 10.2 comp with 415sb cubes. I'm running a 904 pushbutton with a reverse manual valve body. Car is mini tubbed and has a 4:11 gear. Car normally runs 11.50's thru mufflers, but has gone 11.38 in cold weather. If you look at my profile I have quite a few pictures there but if you don't see a picture you'd like to see let me know and I'll post one. Jayson

Jayson
How did you do in the race at Milan? I saw your first run and you car looked very strong. I also took some photos of other cars.
Ron

6 Cyl on juice.jpg

quick car.jpg

Hey I saw your car at Mancini's on Wednesday I think, sorry I didnt hunt you down but I was in a hurry to get the right oil filter for my car so I could fire it up. Wont make it to Milan though so have a good time for me

milan was fun, good meeting you Jason (and bad *** car you have)!!! ended up going 5 rounds in no box, car ran 10.56-10.59 all 8 passes i made today. its always fun to put some race cars on the trailer with my street car :-D

dang I didnt know there was a mopar day at milan....im not far from there. my duster is ready yet but I would have liked to of spectated atleast

i seen the six dart go 13.0 i believe, or maybee it was 14.0 ......... now im not so sure. car was really nice though!

Had a blast yesterday and met some more FABO members. I went 3 rounds in the trophy class and was down to the last three cars. Dialed in 11.50 for all three races 1st run 11.54, second run 11.53, 3rd run 11.52. My last race I lost due to a better light .004 from the other driver to my sleeping .138. In all three runs I had to catch them at the finish line. I have some video I'll post once I get my camera fixed. 68 GTS Hemi is super and man does that car sound good. Well it was nice meeting everyone and sorry if I didn't get much time to talk to everyone. Jayson

Awesome vids man. Can you explain Milan dragways no E.T. race on Sat and the gambler's on Sun? Do they have good turn outs for those? I'd like to head up there this weekend to watch, but it's two hours or so away and I want to make sure it would be worth the driving time. Are there many early A bodies racing there?

Thanks

Awesome vids man. Can you explain Milan dragways no E.T. race on Sat and the gambler's on Sun? Do they have good turn outs for those? I'd like to head up there this weekend to watch, but it's two hours or so away and I want to make sure it would be worth the driving time. Are there many early A bodies racing there?

Thanks
I've talked to some friends about the no ET in the past and I here it's really crazy. It's like grudge racing and he said a lot of money was being handed over by the loser. They will arm drop you or you can use the lights but no ET's show up. It was such a success that they added an extra no ET event last year in Oct. I saw some videos of last year and people were standing around the cars like they were street racing in the staging lanes. I thought that was a little crazy if you ask me. So if the weather is going to be nice I think it will be worth your time. As Sundays gambler race I really don't know the turn out. As for early-a-bodies there's a few. Hope I answered your question. Jayson

-
Back