MOPAR drops Erica and Jeggie for 2017...SHOCKER!!!!

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Only 1 year of Sponsorship from Mopar???? Unheard of.

Wow, wonder what really happened here. Was Mopar distraught over Elite's inability to make Fuel Injection work on a Pro Stocker or...

Was Elite fed up with trying to make a Mopar Power Plant work and wanted to get back to their CHEBBIE roots????

Mopar sezs they are funneling their funds to Don Schumacher's Top Fuel Operation, but one wonders if more funds will be available for Alan Johnson, Mopar's Top Pro Stock Man FOR YEARS.

BREAKING NEWS - ELITE AND MOPAR PART WAYS | Competition Plus

Yup....

ADIOS-MOPAR.jpg

Yea I had a feeling that wasn't going to work out. Mopar might as well just hang up pro stock. Nobody can seem to get them winning with the new FI

That's what happens when you finish 9th and 10th in points..should have stayed in the camaro Erica:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I have not read the above article yet but it's the worst kept secret that Nick Ferrie and Richard Freeman were out before Las Vegas, maybe sooner. Elite wanted out.

Shouldn't surprise anyone. Nick couldn't make power with a dodge when he tried with the cheater Jeg.

Once again, Chrysler screwed the Johnson family and Chrysler lost.

Serves them well.

Read the release.

What a bunch of ****.

Freeman had the entire pile of crap for sale weeks ago.

How many times can the cheater Jeg use Chrysler and Chrysler let him?

You can't fix stupid. Stupid hurts. Some people at Chrysler should lose their jobs for this stupidity.

And again, the Johnson family, who actually won TWO Pro Stock championships with their so called hemi takes it in the pooper.

My public apology to Roy Johnson for all the crap you've had to eat from Chrysler. I understand your loyalty. I get it. Please don't let them screw you again.

The Dodges are pitifully slow. There's also not enough resources or R&D to make them competitive. Pro-stock is stupid, anyways. The cars have zero to do with real cars.

Read the release.

What a bunch of ****.

You can't fix stupid. Stupid hurts. Some people at Chrysler should lose their jobs for this stupidity.

And again, the Johnson family, who actually won TWO Pro Stock championships with their so called hemi takes it in the pooper.

My public apology to Roy Johnson for all the crap you've had to eat from Chrysler. I understand your loyalty. I get it. Please don't let them screw you again.

Tell us what you really think..:):)

Mopar has **** on their entire race program for years now.

Fiat. Nuff said.

Fiat has made it clear from the purchase of Chrysler. They have ZERO interest in Nascar or Drag racing!

Read the release.

What a bunch of ****.

I dont think AJ's gonna be getting any more funding than the paltry amount their paying him now. Amazing.
He has busted *** this year developing the Fuel Injection System to work better than any Mopar. He actually made his Car competitive for awhile.
There's no respect at Chrysler...how do you ignore funding to Alan Johnson?

Yea I had a feeling that wasn't going to work out. Mopar might as well just hang up pro stock. Nobody can seem to get them winning with the new FI

Ford hung up Pro Stock due to the fact that they couldnt make a Big Block Ford competitive. If Ford would have spent funding on engine development, they probably would have eventually BECAME Competitive. I sure Mopar doesn't do the same. Pro stock would be EVEN MORE BORING without Mopar.

Ford hung up Pro Stock due to the fact that they couldnt make a Big Block Ford competitive. If Ford would have spent funding on engine development, they probably would have eventually BECAME Competitive. I sure Mopar doesn't do the same. Pro stock would be EVEN MORE BORING without Mopar.
Kinda like when Mopar left Nascar. I left too and it is very seldom I watch a race.

Mopar has never given a **** about the little guys. It's always been about money. How many remember "good guy pricing" from Direct Connection? I do. Stuff was actually affordable. Local small town sponsorship was not difficult to get. They they gheyed out with Mopar Performance. Slowly but surely, they backed out of the racing scene. Now they are all but non existent. I got no use for anything Mopar anymore. It's not Mopar. It's Fiat.

Pro stock is the BEST class to watch in NHRA..they actually run the full 1/4 mile..

Kinda like when Mopar left Nascar. I left too and it is very seldom I watch a race.
same here, I haven`t even watched a nascar advertisement . --- funneling their effort to don schumaker? what the hell does top fuel or funny car got to do w/ new car sales? I don`t watch them either ! the mopars are the only reason I watch pro stock too.

SS/AH is the class that I watch and enjoy the most. Badass Mopars haulin' *** down the full 1/4 mile. Bad Boys of drag racing right there...

Stockers are the only cars out there, that actually are close to stuff we all have.....and they haul ***.

Stockers are the only cars out there, that actually are close to stuff we all have.....and they haul ***.

They won't fill the stands. Never have.

There was a time when a local track had two days of testing for PS between Sonoma and Seattle. The first day was all testing. The second day had testing and a Chicago style shoot out.

That was that tracks biggest money maker of the year. They did that race for years. Don't know what they stopped it.

No way would a bunch of stockers ever draw a crowd like that. And I love stockers.

BTW, the race was Tuesday/Wednesday. I always took time off for that, but not the National at Seattle.

NHRA is dying, so it really doesn't matter. I dislike pro-stock, and haven't watched or attended race since the 1000ft. thing.

SS/AH is the class that I watch and enjoy the most. Badass Mopars haulin' *** down the full 1/4 mile. Bad Boys of drag racing right there...
Been going to the Gator nationals since year one. I camp the whole weekend. But I go to the track on Thursday and Friday to watch the sportsman and two rounds of Pro Stock, Pro Mod and SS/AH qualifying. Saturday and Sunday I hang around the camp grounds.

-
Back